|Origin||East Bay, California, United States|
|Labels||Fat Wreck Chords, Lookout!|
|Associated acts||Retching Red, Fabulous Disaster, Screw 32, Santiago, Crimpshrine|
|Past members||Gabe Meline
Tilt was an American punk rock band from the East Bay, California, United States, formed in 1992. The group's debut studio album, Play Cell, was released through Lookout Records in 1993. They would soon after get signed to Fat Wreck Chords, which the rest of its albums were released through. The band consisted of Cinder Block (vocals), Jeffrey Bischoff (guitar), Pete Rypins (bass), Vincent Camacho (drums). Starting on February 15, 1994 at the Cattle Club in Sacramento CA and ending on April 6, 1994 in Vancouver Tilt supported Green Day on their Dookie tour.
Tilt's song "Crying Jag" appears on the soundtrack for the film Glory Daze (1996). Tilt broke up for a short time in 1996 but reunited in 1997 with Jimi Cheetah of Screw 32. They were scheduled to play a one-night-only reunion show on May 13, 2011 at 924 Gilman Street in Berkeley, California but had to cancel because the bass player injured his arm needing surgery. So far the show has not been rescheduled.
- Play Cell (1993)
- Til It Kills (1995)
- Collect 'Em All (1998)
- Viewers Like You (1999)
- Been Where? Did What? (2001)
Compilation and soundtrack appearances
- "Weave and Unravel" on Fat Music for Fat People (1994)
- "White Homes" on Angus: Music from the Motion Picture (1995)
- "Libel" on Fat Music Volume II: Survival of the Fattest (1996)
- "Crying Jag" and "Berkeley Pier" on Glory Daze (soundtrack) (1996)
- "Partial Birth" on Fat Music Volume III: Physical Fatness (1997)
- "Old School Pig" on Fat Music Volume IV: Life in the Fat Lane (1999)
- "John for the Working Man" on Short Music for Short People (1999)
- "Bad Place" on Live Fat, Die Young (2001)
- "War Room" on Wrecktrospective (2009)
- "KAOS2000 Magazine interview with Cinder Block of Tilt". Kaos2000.net. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- Chris (2008-07-11). "The small takeover: Tilt- Play Cell (1993)". Smalltakeover.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- Tilt (band) at AllMusic
- "TILT MAY 13 SHOW CANCELED!". Facebook. 2011-04-11. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- "Tilt's Cinder Block Fronting Fabulous Disaster". Punknews.org. Retrieved 2012-04-27.