August 30, 1985 |
|First-degree murder, forcible confinement, theft over $5,000|
Early life and education
He is the grandson of Carl Millard, legendary founder of a Canadian airline and aircraft maintenance company, Millardair and son of Wayne Millard, a pilot, and Madelaine Burns, a flight attendant. He was named Dellen in honour of his grandmother, Della. In 1999, at the age of fourteen, he held the world record for the youngest solo helicopter flight, and became the youngest Canadian to pilot a helicopter and fixed-wing aircraft on the same day. Millard attended the Toronto French School and graduated in 2003.
Dellen Millard inherited the family business and became the company's CEO  after his father died of an apparent suicide in November 2012.
Career and arrest
On 10 May 2013, Millard was arrested and charged with forcible confinement and theft over $5000 in connection with the disappearance of Hamilton-area man Tim Bosma. He was subsequently charged with first-degree murder after Bosma's charred remains were discovered at Millard's North Dumfries farm. A second man, 25-year-old Mark Smich, was also charged with first-degree murder on May 23. in Tim Bosma's death.
As a result of Millard's arrest, Toronto police are investigating him in the apparent suicide of his father  and in the disappearance of 23-year-old Laura Babcock, who went missing in July 2012.  According to Shawn Lerner, her former boyfriend, Millard and Babcock had known each other for several years and had a romantic relationship. Lerner reportedly provided the police with Babcock's telephone records indicating Millard was the last person Babcock spoke to on her phone before her disappearance. 
In October, 2013, the Ontario Provincial Police combined investigations into the murder of Tim Bosma, the disappearance of Laura Babcock and the death of Wayne Millard into a multi-jurisdictional probe under the province's major case management system.
Millard's murder trial is expected to take place in 2015. 
- Mahoney, Jill. "Toronto police confirm search of Millard property related to two other cases". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Alamenciak, Tim (11 May 2013). "Tim Bosma: Suspect Dellen Millard comes from Toronto flight dynasty". Toronto Star. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- Schwartz, Daniel. "Who is Dellen Millard, the accused in the Tim Bosma case?". CBC. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- Humphreys, 2=Alexandra; Bosanac. "Suspect in Tim Bosma’s death was always ‘a little different’ and did ‘odd stuff’ at private school, classmate says". National Post. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "Millardair". Millardair. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- Armstrong, James. "Tim Bosma: Suspect to be charged with first degree murder". Global News. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- Hayes, Molly (19 May 2013). "Police still probing Millard’s farm". Hamilton Spectator. Retrieved 21 May 2013.
- Patrick White (May 19, 2013). "Police probe link between Dellen Millard and missing woman". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
|This biographical article related to aviation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography about a Canadian businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|