Tim Finn (album)
|Studio album by Tim Finn|
|Tim Finn chronology|
|Singles from Tim Finn|
Tim Finn is the self-titled album by New Zealand singer/songwriter Tim Finn. After having little success with his previous album Big Canoe, Tim signed up with Capitol Records, for which he released 3 albums.
After this album, Tim & younger brother Neil decided to record a Finn Brothers album. Crowded House drummer Paul Hester was present for the demo recordings of several tracks that were eventually incorporated (along with Tim himself) into the Crowded House album Woodface. This was Tim's second album with Capitol.
The 3rd album released on the Capitol label was Before & After.
On the Split Enz radio documentary Enzology, keyboardist Eddie Rayner reveals that the song Been There Done That had been around since the early 80s, along with a collection of other Tim Finn rarities that have never been released.
All songs written and composed by Tim Finn, except where noted.
|1.||"Young Mountain" (Finn, Mitchell Froom)||4:18|
|2.||"Not Even Close"||4:19|
|3.||"How'm I Gonna Sleep"||3:56|
|6.||"Birds Swim Fish Fly"||3:24|
|7.||"Suicide on Downing St."||3:32|
|8.||"Show a Little Mercy"||4:01|
|10.||"Been There Done That"||4:06|
|Albums Charts (1989)||Peak position|
|Singles Charts (1989)||Peak position|
|How'm I Gonna Sleep||#24 (AUS)
|Not Even Close||#91 (CAN)|
- Tim Finn - vocals, guitar, keyboards
- Jerry Marotta - drums
- Tony Levin - bass
- Alex Acuña - percussion
- David Rhodes - guitar
- Neil Finn - backing vocals, guitar
- Tim Pierce - guitar
- Mitchell Froom - keyboards
- Noel Crombie - backing vocals
- Heart Attack Horns
Other sleeve notes
- Produced by Mitchell Froom
- Recorded & Mixed by Tchad Blake
- 2nd Engineer - Mike Kloster
- Management: Gary Stamler, 2029 Century Park East, Suite 1500, Los Angeles, California 90067
- A&R Direction: Tom Whalley
- Recorded at Soundcastle, Sunset Sound Factory and Ocean Way Studios
- Mastered at Masterdisc by Bob Ludwig
- Thanks- Greta, Neil, Mitchell, Gary, Micki, Tom, Jeremy, and everyone at Capitol, the Finn family and everyone who helped make lean times fatter.
- Art and Design: SHEd