||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012)|
April 2, 1963
Boaz, Alabama, U.S.
|Occupation||Voice actor, writer, director, storyboard artist, animator, comedian, executive producer, producer|
Timothy "Tim" Hodge (born April 2, 1963) is an American voice actor, story artist, writer, animator, comedian, and director at Big Idea Entertainment in Nashville, Tennessee, where he has works on the VeggieTales videos as well other projects like 3-2-1 Penguins!.
Hodge became interested in film-making while he was in 7th grade when he stumbled upon his dad's 8 mm camera and spent his summer making short films using clay and other materials. Hodge later went on to attend Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He got his first job in animation at the now defunct Willming-Reams Animation studio in San Antonio, Texas, where he drew animated television commercials for seven years, at the same time studying at the San Antonio Art Institute.
He later joined the Walt Disney Feature Animation studio located at the Disney/MGM Studios theme park in Orlando, Florida. While at Disney, he also worked as story artist on films like Mulan, John Henry for Disney's American Legends video and Brother Bear.
It was in 2000 that he took his family and moved north to Chicago, Illinois to join the studios of Big Idea Productions at the Yorktown Center mall and started working in computer animation. Hodge's directorial debut at Big Idea, Lyle the Kindly Viking, won the Best Direct To Video Animated Release at the 2001 World Animation Celebration. He was nominated for an Annie Award for Best Vocal Performance in 2003 for his role as Khalil in Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie.
Hodge won 1st Runner-up for his live-action short film Soccer Mom Detective in 2008.
He currently resides in Franklin, Tennessee.
- Time & Chance (director, producer, writer, editor)
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything (lead storyboard artist, voice of Jolly Joe)
- 3-2-1 Penguins! (director, executive producer, concept artist)
- Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi (executive producer, producer, storyboard artist, writer, director, various voices)
- Soccer Mom Detective (director, producer, writer)
- Storybook Weaver Deluxe (storyboard artist: "Pie Rats Ahoy")
- Brother Bear (additional story)
- Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie (head of story, voice of Khalil)
- VeggieTales (director, producer, writer, storyboard artist, additional voices)
- John Henry (story supervisor, voice of MacTavish)
- Mulan (story)
- Pocahontas (animation assistants)
- Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable (animator)
- Playtoons (storyboard artists: "Horton Hatches the Egg" and "Horton and the Kwuggerbug")
- The Lion King (breakdown animator: Young Simba)
- Trail Mix-Up (in between artist)
|This article about an American voice actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|