Tim Howar (born Timothy Michael Hawryluk, 24 November in 1969, Spirit River, Alberta) is a Canadian actor, singer and dancer, known as a London-based rock vocalist with Mike + the Mechanics.
Howar attended Ross Sheppard High School, and sang with three choirs: Alberta Youth Choir, the Centennial Singers, and Pro Coro Canada; joined the Edmonton Musical Theatre Amateur Group and started dancing at 16 as an apprentice with Ballet North. He had a scholarship to the Royal Winnipeg Ballet, which he declined.
Howar appeared in several Canadian productions of Broadway shows, and can also be heard in the Canadian Cast Recording of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, the original cast recording of "Tonight's The Night" London, and in voiceovers for various commercials and animations such as "Gene Fusion" He then made the step to the UK and London's West End theatre, in the lead role of Peggy Sue Got Married. He later played Roger in the rock opera Rent before being replaced by original Broadway cast member Adam Pascal.
He was formerly the lead singer of the London rock band Van Tramp (previously known as 'El Camino'). In 2010, Howar joined Mike + The Mechanics along with Andrew Roachford. The following year the album, The Road was released featuring Howar and Roachford as lead vocalists.
Tim is currently starring in the London production of Rock Of Ages as Stacee Jaxx at the Garrick Theatre. (August 2013) He is scheduled to remain in the show until its closure on the 2nd November 2013 
Howar was married to British musical theatre actress Ruthie Henshall in Essex in 2004. The couple have two daughters, both born in Ipswich, Suffolk: Lily Amalia (born 16 February 2003) and Dolly Olivia (born 14 January 2005). They are divorced. Howar is dating Musical Director Jodie Oliver.
- Anne of Green Gables (1991, Prince Edward Island) – Gilbert
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (1992–1993, Canada and US) – Benjamin & Joseph
- Miss Saigon (1993–1994, Toronto) – Chris (Understudy)
- Tommy (1995–1996, Toronto) – Tommy
- The House of Martin Guerre (1997, Toronto) – Guillaume
- Rock and Roll (1997, Toronto) – Screamin' John McGee
- Les Misérables (1998–2000, 3rd North American Tour) – Marius
- Outrageous (2000, Toronto) – Martin
- Anything that Moves (2000, Toronto) – Joel
- Peggy Sue Got Married (2001, Plymouth, London) – Michael
- The Magnificent Musicals (2002, UK Tour)
- A Night on Broadway (2002, European Tour)
- Tonight's the Night (2003–2004, London) – Stu Clutterbuck
- On the Town (2005, London/2008, Paris) – Ozzie
- Rent (2006, Broadway) – Roger
- Betwixt! (2008, Ambassadors Theatre, concert) – Bailey
- Last Chance Harvey (2008, feature film starring Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson) – Johnnie
- "Dreamland" (2009, BBC animated Doctor Who adventure starring David Tennant) – Jimmy Stalkingwolf
- "Rock of Ages" (2012, London) - Stacee Jaxx/Father
- Youth Talent International Competition (1989, Memphis, Tennessee)
- Edmonton Civic Award for Outstanding Achievement in Dance (1990)
- Tim Howar's Official Website
- Van Tramp's Official Website
- Profile at Broadway.com
- Tim Howar at the Internet Broadway Database
- Tim Howar at the Internet Movie Database