|Born||Richard Timothy Kring
July 9, 1957
El Dorado County, California, United States Raised in Santa Maria, Calif
|Occupation||Screenwriter, television producer|
|Notable work(s)||Strange World
|Relative(s)||Brothers Kenneth & Buddy Kring, twin-sister; Rebecca Kring-Rosen|
Richard Timothy "Tim" Kring (born July 9, 1957, in El Dorado County, California), is an American screenwriter and television producer, best known for his creation of the drama series Strange World, Crossing Jordan, Heroes, and Touch.
Kring's first job as a screenwriter was for the television show Knight Rider. Other early projects included co-writing an episode of Misfits of Science (which, like his later project Heroes, featured super-powered humans as a main theme) and Teen Wolf Too with Jeph Loeb. Kring and Loeb would collaborate again when producing Heroes. Kring also co-wrote the 2010 book Shift: A Novel (Gates of Orpheus Trilogy) with Dale Peck.
After the cancellation of Heroes in 2010 Kring created the TV series Touch, a drama focusing on a father (Kiefer Sutherland) who discovers that his mute son can predict future events. The series premiered on January 25, 2012 on Fox and was cancelled after two seasons on May 9, 2013.
On February 22, 2014, during its Olympics coverage, NBC announced Heroes is coming back as a 13-episode event miniseries titled Heroes Reborn. It will premiere in 2015 with creator Tim Kring on board. 
Awards and nominations
|2001–2007||Crossing Jordan||Creator/Executive producer|
- Hadas Bashan (December 24, 2009). "אנטי גיבור" [Anti Hero]. Pnai Plus #1062 (in Hebrew) (Yedioth Ahronoth). pp. 58–61. Retrieved December 28, 2009.
- "Notable Alumni". University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts.
- Spoiler TV: Pilot Order for Heroes Creator Tim Spoiler TV
- Master of Sci-Fi: Tim Kring
- Tim Kring at the Internet Movie Database
- Interview: Tim Kring, Heroes creator, The TV Addict, 2006-10-12
- NBC's Super Heroes: Burning Questions Answered!, TV Guide, 2006-10-16 (archive.org link)
|This article about a television producer from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|