28 March 1968 |
Northwood, London, England
|Spouse(s)||Jade Lovejoy (m. 2002-06; divorced)|
|Domestic partner||Tamsin Greenway (2012—)|
Timothy "Tim" Lovejoy (born 28 March 1968) is an English television presenter, best known for hosting Saturday morning football programme Soccer AM with Helen Chamberlain for over a decade. He presents Sunday Brunch and Daily Brunch on Channel 4 and BT Sports Panel on Saturday mornings on the BT Sport channel.
||This section of a biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011)|
Following the success of Soccer AM, Lovejoy became a radio DJ, joining Xfm before moving to Virgin Radio, where he briefly presented a Sunday-afternoon show. He also hosted Tim Lovejoy and the Allstars, a show similar to TFI Friday, on Sky 1, where he chatted with celebrities, between performances from a variety of bands.
Following his departure from Soccer AM, Lovejoy joined BBC Radio Five Live as the Wednesday night host of its football phone-in show 6-0-6 though he was dropped in 2009. He also presented the UK edition of Five's Major League Soccer magazine show David Beckham's Soccer USA
Lovejoy is also a regular presenter on FATV, owned and run by The Football Association. FATV is the video content of the FA's website www.thefa.com.
Lovejoy participated in the 2011 series of Celebrity MasterChef.
Something for the Weekend
Since 2006, Lovejoy has co-presented the Sunday morning TV programme Something for the Weekend on BBC Two, opposite chef Simon Rimmer and various female co-hosts including Louise Redknapp (previous co-hosts include Amanda Hamilton and Caroline Flack).
The show centred on cookery, with celebrity guests assisting in the preparation of easy recipes, and viewers encouraged to make the same dishes at home. It also had regular segments on cocktails, gadgets, and 'guess the year' based on old pop and news clips.
It was reported in January 2012 that the show, which in 2011 ran as a 46 x 90-minute series, had fallen foul of the BBC's Delivering Quality First cuts because of its unfortunate scheduling on BBC 2 during the day, despite consistently high ratings. The show ended on 18 March 2012. An online campaign was launched to save the programme.
Sunday Brunch and Daily Brunch
In August 2013, Lovejoy began hosting the Saturday morning BT Sports Panel (BTSP) show of predictions, previews and reviews — a format similar to his former Soccer AM days.
Lovejoy married Jade in 2002 and has twin girls from the marriage; Grace and Rose. The couple are now divorced.
Lovejoy has strong connections with FK Vidar, a small but upcoming football team based in Stavanger Norway. He tweeted about their new logo, Fenrir, from Norse mythology, and created a legion of global fans for the team. FKVidar have a 30 year plan to win the Champions league in 2043.
- Tim Lovejoy Biography Speakers Corner
- Dowell, Ben (5 June 2007). "Lovejoy to leave Soccer AM". MediaGuardian. The Guardian. Retrieved 5 January 2008.
- Plunkett, John (26 June 2007). "Lovejoy to host Five Live phone-in". MediaGuardian. The Guardian. Retrieved 5 January 2008.
- MediaGuardian (2008-07-07). "Tim Lovejoy: Leaving Sky was the day my life changed". Guardian. Retrieved 2011-11-06.
- Published Tuesday, Feb 16 2010, 10:37 GMT (2010-02-16). "Lovejoy to guest present 'Blue Peter'". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2011-11-06.
- "Something for the Weekend". BBC2 website.
- The Sun. 7 January 2012 http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4045057/Something-For-The-Weekend-axed-Sunday-magazine-show-finishes-in-March.html. Missing or empty
- Jones, Paul (2012-01-09). "Campaign to save Something for the Weekend attracts celebrity support". Radio Times. Retrieved 2014-08-23.
- "Tim Lovejoy and Simon Rimmer to join Channel 4 for Sunday Brunch - Channel 4 - Info - Press". Channel 4. 2012-02-16. Retrieved 2014-08-23.
- "Sunday Mirror article". Findarticles.com. 2006-02-05. Retrieved 2011-11-06.
- 14 Jun 2009 (2009-06-14). "Telegraph list of most eligible bachelors". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-11-06.
- Digital Spy (22 May 2013). "Tim Lovejoy and girlfriend Tamsin Greenway have baby daughter". Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- Tim Lovejoy at the Internet Movie Database
- Tim Lovejoy on Myspace
- When Saturday Comes book review
- Daily Telegraph article