Tim Nelson (lacrosse)
|— Lacrosse player —|
|NCAA team||Syracuse University|
|Coaching career||Dartmouth College 1989-1998, Utica College 1999-2005|
Statistically, Nelson's best season was 1984, where his 103 points was the 2nd highest total to that point, and he led Syracuse to an undefeated 13 and 0 regular season record. Nelson got hurt early in the National Championship and sat out the rest of the game, with Syracuse ending the year 15 and 1.
Nelson is fourth in all-time NCAA Division I total points, with 99 goals and 221 assists for 320 total points in 58 games. He was awarded the Jack Turnbull Award as National Attackman of the Year in 1983, 1984, and 1985.
Nelson began his college career at North Carolina State in 1982, but transferred to Syracuse after the North Carolina State program was cancelled. Nelson played his high school lacrosse at Yorktown High School.
He also coached for 15 years at the collegiate level, heading the men's lacrosse programs at Dartmouth from 1989 to 1998 and Utica College from 1999 to 2005.
Nelson is currently the Assistant Vice President of Advancement at Utica College.
Nelson was inducted into the National Lacrosse Hall of Fame in 2012. He was one of four Orange lacrosse players selected by a panel of lacrosse coaches, including Kotz as well as Paul and Gary Gait, to the NCAA Lacrosse Committee's 25th Anniversary Lacrosse Team.
- 1983 NCAA Champions
- 1999 USILA National Collegiate Player of the Year
- 1999 National Collegiate Attackman of the Year
Syracuse University / North Carolina State
|1984||16||36||67 (a)||103 (b)||6.44|
|Totals||57||99||221 (c)||320 (d)||5.61 (e)|
- (a) 5th in NCAA single season assists
- (b) 8th in NCAA single season points
- (c) 1st in NCAA career assists
- (d) 4th in NCAA career points
- (e) 8th in NCAA career points per game
- NC State Wolfpack men's lacrosse
- 1983 NCAA Division I Men's Lacrosse Championship
- 1984 NCAA Division I Men's Lacrosse Championship
- NCAA Men's Division I Lacrosse Records
- Syracuse Athletics site
- Tim Nelson coaching clinic
- A Season That Changed The Game
- UC's Tim Nelson Named to National Lacrosse Hall of Fame Former Men's Coach Holds Many Records
|Jack Turnbull Award
1983, 1984, 1985
|This biographical article relating to American lacrosse is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|