Tim Razzall, Baron Razzall
|The Right Honourable
The Lord Razzall
|Born||12 June 1943|
|Political party||Liberal Democrats|
He qualified as a solicitor in 1969 and worked for Frere Cholmeley (later Frere Cholmeley Bischoff), becoming a partner in 1973, and chief executive in 1990 before leaving in 1995 to set up his own business.
In 1974 he was elected to represent Mortlake ward in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames which he held for 24 years. During that time he served as chair of the council's Policy and Resources Committee for 13 years.
In 1986 he became joint Treasurer of the Liberal Party and then Treasurer of the newly merged Liberal Democrats in 1988. He was appointed CBE in 1993 and created a life peer on 22 October 1997 as Baron Razzall, of Mortlake in the London Borough of Richmond. In July 2002, he was the best man at the wedding of Charles Kennedy, the then Liberal Democrat leader, and Sarah Gurling.
From 2000 to 2006, he was Chair of the Liberal Democrats' Campaigns and Communications Committee. Along with Lord Rennard, he was responsible for running the Liberal Democrats' election campaigns. He stepped down from this post in May 2006 saying he wanted a change and to give his successor a chance to settle into the role before the 2010 general election.
He is currently the Liberal Democrat spokesman on trade and industry in the House of Lords. His current partner is Jane Bonham Carter, Baroness Bonham-Carter,. His daughter from an earlier relationship is Katie Razzall, Channel 4 News presenter and reporter, married to actor Oliver Milburn.
He is also a shareholder of IMRAS Limited through company called RT Associates, International Mineral Resources Agrominerals Sudan, which has claims over phosphate and other exploration licenses in Sudan with high geological potential. The company has sometimes been referred to in the Sudanese media as British International Minerals or British Mensal International and has changed the company name twice in the last 12 months. He was part of a MP and Lords delegation to Sudan in October 2011
- "Edward Razzall". www.cricketarchive.com. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- "Edward Timothy Razzall CBE". Businessweek. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "The Independent on Sunday". Archived from the original on 9 December 2007. Retrieved 11 April 2008.
- "The Gravy Train Rolls on". The Mail on Sunday. 21 December 2008.
- "Lord Razzall".
- "Ministry of Minerals Sign Mining Agreement with Initial Letters with British Company". 18 September 2011.
- "All Official Legal documents for INTERNATIONAL MINERAL RESOURCES (AGROMINERALS SUDAN) LTD".
- "Trend to Improve Trade Relations Between Sudan and UK".
- Lord Razzall profile at the site of Liberal Democrats
- Tim Razzall's cricketing record for Oxford
- RAZZALL, Baron , Who's Who 2013, A & C Black, 2013; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2012
|Party political offices|
|Liberal Democrat Treasurer