|The Rt Revd
|Bishop of Leicester|
|Church||Church of England|
|Diocese||Diocese of Leicester|
|Other posts||Bishop of Dunwich
31 December 1946 |
|Residence||Bishop's Lodge, Leicester|
|Parents||Ralph Stevens & Ursula Plowman|
|Spouse||Wendi Price (1973—)|
|Children||1 daughter, Rachel (deceased) and 1 son, Adam|
|Alma mater||Selwyn College, Cambridge|
Timothy John "Tim" Stevens (born 31 December 1946) is a British Anglican bishop. He is the current Bishop of Leicester; it was announced on 18 November 2014 that Stevens is to retire on 11 July 2015.
Born in Ilford, Essex, the son of Ralph Stevens and Ursula Plowman, he was educated in Chigwell School and Selwyn College, Cambridge, where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in classics in 1968 and became Master of Arts in 1972.
Stevens studied at Ripon Hall, Oxford, where he gained a diploma in theology. He was ordained in 1976, becoming Curate of East Ham in the same year. In 1979 and 1980, he was Team Vicar of Upton Park and from 1980 to 1988 Team Rector of Canvey Island. Between 1988 and 1991, Stevens was the Bishop of Chelmsford's urban officer, and between 1991 and 1995 Archdeacon of West Ham.
Stevens has been married to Wendi Kathleen Price since 1973. They had one daughter, now sadly deceased, and have one son.
- Tim Stevens Esq (1946–1976)
- The Revd Tim Stevens (1976–1991)
- The Ven Tim Stevens (1991–1995)
- The Rt Revd Tim Stevens (1995—present)
- Diocese of Leicester — Bishop of Leicester
- Biographical details
- Diocese of Leicester – Bishop Tim announces retirement (Accessed 18 November 2014)
- Who's Who 2008: London, A & C Black, 2008 ISBN 978-0-7136-8555-8
- Debrett's People of Today London, Debrett's, 2008 ISBN 978-1-870520-95-9
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|