Timothy John "Tim" Stevens (born 31 December 1946) is a British Anglican bishop. He is the current Bishop of Leicester.
Born in Ilford, Essex, the son of Ralph Stevens and Ursula Plowman, he was educated in Chigwell School and Selwyn College, Cambridge, where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in classics in 1968 and became Master of Arts in 1972. He was at Ripon Hall, Oxford, where he gained a diploma in theology.
From 1968 to 1973, he worked as senior management trainee for British Overseas Airways Corporation (BOAC) and in 1972 and 1973 as second secretary for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. Stevens was ordained in 1976, becoming Curate of East Ham in the same year. In 1979 and 1980, he was Team Vicar of Upton Park and from 1980 to 1988 Team Rector of Canvey Island. Between 1988 and 1991, Stevens was the Bishop of Chelmsford's urban officer, and between 1991 and 1995 Archdeacon of West Ham. He became Bishop Suffragan of Dunwich in 1995 and held this post until 1999, when he was appointed Bishop of Leicester. He took a seat in the House of Lords as one of the Lords Spiritual in 2003.
Stevens has been married to Wendi Kathleen Price since 1973. They have one daughter and one son.
- Tim Stevens Esq (1946–1976)
- The Revd Tim Stevens (1976–1991)
- The Ven Tim Stevens (1991–1995)
- The Rt Revd Tim Stevens (1995—present)
- ^ Diocese of Leicester — Bishop of Leicester
- ^ a b Biographical details
- ^ Who's Who 2008: London, A & C Black, 2008 ISBN 978-0-7136-8555-8
- ^ Debrett's People of Today London, Debrett's, 2008 ISBN 978-1-870520-95-9