Tim Story (composer)
|Birth name||Tim Story|
|Genres||Chamber music, Ambient music, Jazz|
|Occupations||songwriter, producer, director|
Tim Story is an American composer of modern chamber music that incorporates classical acoustic instruments and electronic sounds.
Early years 
Musical career 
In the early 1970s, Story began composing music in his home studio.
From 1981 to 1986, Story recorded several albums of original ambient music, including Threads (1981), In Another Country (1982), Untitled (1984), Three Feet From the Moon (1985), and Wheat and Rust (1987).
In 1987, Will Ackerman invited Story to release the album Glass Green on his Windham Hill label. Although Glass Green was Story's only CD released by the label, Story was a regular contributor to Windham Hill compilation albums.
Story lives outside of Toledo in the small river town of Maumee, Ohio. In addition to his career as a composer and recording artist, Story is part-owner of a recording studio, Zeta Recording.
- Errata (Ashley/Roedelius/Story) (2008)
- Inlandish (Story/Roedelius) (2008)
- Buzzle (2006)
- Standing and Falling (Ashley/Story) (2005)
- Caravan (Film Soundtrack) (2005)
- Lunz (Story/Roedelius) (2002)
- Shadowplay (2001)
- Persistence of Memory (Story/Roedelius) (2000)
- Drop (Ashley/Story) (1997)
- Abridged (1996)
- In Search of Angels (1994)
- The Perfect Flaw (1994)
- A Desperate Serenity (Ashley/Story) (1992)
- Beguiled (1991)
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (1988)
- Glass Green (1987)
- Wheat and Rust (1987)
- Three Feet From the Moon (1985)
- Untitled (1984)
- In Another Country (1982)
- Threads (1981)