||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (June 2011)|
Tim Walker's photographs have entranced the readers of Vogue, month by month, for over a decade. Extravagant staging and romantic motifs characterise his unmistakeable style. After concentrating on photographic stills for over 15 years, Walker is now also making moving film 
Life and career
On graduation in 1994, Walker worked as a freelance photography assistant in London before moving to New York City as a full time assistant to Richard Avedon. On returning to England, he initially concentrated on portrait and documentary work for UK newspapers. At the age of 25, he shot his first fashion story for Vogue and has continued to work to much acclaim ever since.
In 2008 Walker received the ‘Isabella Blow award for Fashion Creator’ from The British Fashion Council. In May 2009 he received an Infinity Award from the International Center of Photography in New York.
October 2012 saw the opening of Walker’s ‘STORY TELLER’ critically acclaimed exhibition at Somerset House;
Walker’s photographs provide the focus of the exhibition, but the camera, he claims, ‘is simply a box put between you and what you want to capture’. Everything in Walker’s pictures is specially constructed and in a glimpse behind the mechanics, there are installations and a selection of the extraordinary props and models on show: giant grotesque dolls for Italian Vogue and an almost life-size replica of a doomed Spitfire fighter plane." 
Walker received an Honorary Fellowship by The Royal Photographic Society in 2012. These are awarded to distinguished persons having, from their position or attainments, an intimate connection with the science or fine art of photography or the application thereof.
In May 2013 The Bowes Museum in Durham opened a large show of Walker's photographs, and here, for the first time, his images were displayed in light boxes, giving a new quality of iridescent colour to the works. Curated by Greville Worthington, the exhibition explored Walker’s work beyond the pages of Vogue and Vanity Fair, showing influences from British Surrealism, and a unique Neo-Romantic take on a particularly English aesthetic.
Tim Walker lives in London.
- May 2008 - Sept 2008. Tim Walker 'Pictures', Design Museum. London
- Oct 2012 - Jan 2013. Tim Walker 'Story Teller', Somerset House. London
- May 2013 - Sept 2013. Tim Walker 'Dreamscapes', Bowes Museum. Durham
- Tim Walker (Stern Portfolio Paperback), teNeues Publishing Company, June 2006. 
- Tim Walker 'Pictures' Special Edition, teNeues Publishing Company, June 2008. 
- Tim Walker Pictures Hardcover, teNeues Publishing Company, June 2008.
- Tim Walker "The Lost Explorer" Hardcover, teNeues Publishing Company, Spring 2011.
- Tim Walker 'Story Teller', published by Thames & Hudson. Autumn 2012 
- Tim Walker, The Granny Alphabet, published by Thames & Hudson. Autumn 2013 
- "Tim Walker Biography".
- "Tim Walker". Vogue. 2012.
- "Tim Walker photographs in the V&A Collection".
- "Tim Walker 'Pictures' at the Design Museum".
- "Tim Walker 'Pictures' published by TeNeues. 2008".
- "Tim Walker, The Lost Explorer, Trailer".
- "Chicago United Film Festival Website".
- "Tim Walker 'Story Teller' at Somerset House, London". Somerset House.
- "About Ruth Ansel".
- "Royal Photographic Society Awards 2012".
- "Tim Walker 'Dreamscapes', Bowes Museum, Durham".
- Walker, Tim (2012). Story Teller. Thames & Hudson.
- Walker, Tim (2013). The Granny Alphabet. Thames & Hudson.