Tim Weisberg (born 1943 in Hollywood, California) is an American jazz/rock fusion flautist, composer, producer, and vocalist. In high school, at his first music class, because his last name was at the end of the alphabet, he was last to pick an instrument. All that was left was the flute and the bassoon. He picked the flute because it was easier to carry, and because the flute section was all girls!
He released two collaborations with American singer-songwriter Dan Fogelberg. Weisberg later sued Fogelberg for alleged breach of contract and fraud relating to the recording of the No Resemblance Whatsoever album.
- 1971 - Tim Weisberg
- 1972 - Hurtwood Edge
- 1973 - Dreamspeaker
- 1974 - Tim Weisberg 4
- 1975 - Listen to the City
- 1976 - Tim Weisberg Band
- 1976 - Live at Last
- 1977 - Rotations
- 1978 - The Best of Tim Weisberg: Smile!
- 1978 - Twin Sons of Different Mothers (with Dan Fogelberg)
- 1979 - Party of One
- 1979 - The Best of Tim Weisberg: Smile!
- 1979 - The Tip of the Weisberg
- 1979 - Night Rider
- 1980 - Party of One
- 1981 - Travelin' Light
- 1985 - High Risk
- 1989 - Outrageous Temptations
- 1989 - Naked Eyes
- 1995 - No Resemblance Whatsoever (with Dan Fogelberg)
- 1997 - Undercover
- 1999 - Time Traveler: Three Decade Journey
- 1969 - The Monkees Present (The Monkees)
- 1971 - Paul Horn and the Concert Ensemble (Paul Horn)
- 1972 - Song For You (The Carpenters)
- 1973 - Seed of Memory (Terry Reid)
- 1974 - Dave Mason (Dave Mason)
- 1977 - Nether Lands (Dan Fogelberg)
- 1979 - Never Enough (Pousette Dart Band)
- 1979 - St. Vincent's Court (Kim Carnes)
- 1983 - Digits (David Benoit)
- 1991 - Dan Fogelberg Live: Greetings from the West (Dan Fogelberg)
- 1994 - Lost and Found (David Benoit)
- 1997 - Portrait: The Music of Dan Fogelberg from 1972-1997 (Dan Fogelberg)
- 1998 - Artist's Choice (David Benoit)
- 1998 - Jazz Christmas (Windham Hill Records Sampler)
- 1998 - KHIH 95.7: Smooth Jazz Sampler, Vol. 4
- 1998 - Midnight Groove: Art of Smooth Jazz
- 1998 - Super Hits (Dan Fogelberg)
- 2000 - Identity (Samantha Siva)
- 2000 - It's Like You Never Left/Dave Mason (Dave Mason)
- 2002 - Day Dreams (Herbie Hancock)
- 2002 - Essential Collection (1965–1997) (The Carpenters)
- 2002 - Fuzzy Logic (David Benoit)
- 2005 - Chronicles (The Carpenters)
- 2006 - Collections (Dan Fogelberg)
- 2006 - Full Circle (David Benoit)
- 2007 - Captured Angel/Nether Lands (Dan Fogelberg)
- 2008 - Dave Mason/Split Coconut (Dave Mason)
- 2009 - 40/40 (The Carpenters)
- 2010 - Earthglow (David Benoit)
- His photo appeared on the cover of Downbeat Magazine for December 6, 1973.
- His photo appeared in a print advertisement for Acoustic 371 & 474 Amplifiers in 1974.
- He was a performer on the TV show, Don Kirshner's Rock Concert (episode #2.20) in 1974.
- He appeared on the TV show, The Midnight Special, hosted by Bobby Womack (Season 2, Episode 42), on July 12, 1974.
- He wrote and performed the song, A Hard Way To Go in the movie, Annie Hall, directed by Woody Allen in 1977.
- He composed the music for the TV show, Pen 'n' Inc., in 1981.
- He appeared in an ABC TV interview with Dan Fogelberg, in which they discuss their collaboration for the No Resemblance Whatsoever album.
- He composed a song on Herbie Hancock's album, Day Dreams, in 2002.
- Winter Park Jazz Festival, Winter Park, Colorado, July 19, 1998.
- Bonnie Raitt - Tim Weisberg concert at Greek Theatre, University of California, Berkley, September 14, 1980.
- Tom Waits opened for a concert by Tim Weisberg at Ebbett's Field, Denver Colorado, May 17-19, 1973
- Monterey Jazz Festival, Monterey, California, 1970
Awards and honors
- "Biography". article. walmart.com. Retrieved June 27, 2010.
- "1997 - Tim Weisberg sues former partner Dan Fogelberg". article. ThisDayInRock.com. 1997. Retrieved June 25, 2010.
- Amicone, Michael (September 4, 1997). "Tim Weisberg Sues 'Twin' Over Reunion Album, Tour". article. allbusiness.com. Retrieved June 26, 2010.
- Blackwell, Morrice (2001). "Featured Artist: Tim Weisberg". Album Review. JazzReview.com. Retrieved June 25, 2010.
- "The Midnight Special". listing. TV.com. Retrieved June 27, 2010.
- "Dan Fogelberg - ABC Interview with Tim Weisberg video". YouTube.com video. ABC Television. Retrieved June 24, 2010.
- "Winter Park Jazz Festival" (JPG). poster. wplbo.com. 1998. Retrieved June 27, 2010.
- "Bonnie Raitt - Tim Weisberg" (JPG). handbill. wolfgangsvault.com. 1998. Retrieved June 27, 2010.
- "Performances: 1970 - 1975". listing. tomwaitsfan.com. Retrieved February 21, 2014.
- Rice, Ager (December 6, 1973). "Tim Weisberg's "Color"". Downbeat.
- Official website
- Official site on MySpace
- Tim Weisberg on IMDb website
- Dan Fogelberg official website
- Chuck Alvarez official website
- Art Johnson official website