|Birth name||Timur Ildarovich Yunusov|
August 15, 1983 |
Moscow, Soviet Union
|Genres||Hip hop, R&B, hip house|
|Labels||Black Star inc. Timati|
|Associated acts||Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes, P. Diddy, Dirty Money, Timbaland, Flo Rida, Fat Joe, Eve, Xzibit, Cam'ron, Mario Winans, Kalenna, Mims, Mann, Craig David, Jean Roch, DJ Antoine, La Fouine, Laurent Wolf, Big Ali, Shontelle, J-Son|
Timur Ildarovich Yunusov (born August 15, 1983), better known by his stage name Timati (Russian: Ти́мати), is a Russian rapper, singer-songwriter, record producer, actor and entrepreneur. He collaborated with American artists such as Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes, P.Diddy and his group Diddy – Dirty Money, Timbaland, Flo Rida, Fat Joe, Xzibit, Mario Winans and Eve.
Timur Ildarovich Yunusov (Russian: Тиму́р Ильда́рович Юну́сов) was born on August 15, 1983 in Moscow, Soviet Union to an ethnically mixed family of Tatar father Ildar Yunusov and Jewish mother Simona Yunusova (née Chervomorskaya), he also has a younger brother, Artyom. His current stage name "Timati" has stuck with him since he was young. Yunusov lived in Los Angeles for 3 years, and now he lives in Moscow. At the urgent request of his grandfather, composer and conductor Yakov Chervomorsk, Timur has graduated from a violin class at the four-year music school. State University - Higher School of Economics, but dropped out in his third year. He later became associated with the YPS squad. First single came out with Konaldo.
He became well known to the Russian community from the music reality show Star Factory 4, but before it he collaborated with Detsl. Member of the group Banda (Russian: Банда; lit. "Gang") and co-founder of VIP 77. Ex-owned B-Club nightclub, the bar Black October and the stores Ё-Life. Also is the CEO of his own label called "Black Star Inc". In 2006, was featured in Heat produced by Fyodor Bondarchuk. In 2008, Timati was featured in a Fat Joe song called "Put U Take It", also featuring Nox and Raul, produced by Scott Storch, which references Jacob Arabo. In 2008 Mario Winans featured Timati in the single "Forever". Timati, in 2009, featured Snoop Dogg in the single "Groove On".
Michael 'Mike' David is currently Timati's UK producer. Responsible for the collaboration of Timati with foreign artists, such as Snoop Dogg and Mario Winans, he is responsible for much of Timati's Western popularity.
In Summer 2011 he topped the charts in Luxembourg, Poland and Romania with the single "Welcome to St. Tropez" vs. DJ Antoine and feat. Kalenna Harper from Diddy - Dirty Money, shortly after winning in nomination for the best clip in Russia's Capital Moscow with a soundtrack "I'm on You" feat. P Diddy. The clip was created by Timati's old friend and partner Pavel Hoodyakov on the East Coast of U.S.
Timati's daughter Alice was born on March 19, 2014. The mother of his child is his girlfriend and Russian model Alena Shishkova.
- Noviye Lyudi (New People) (2004) - with Banda
- The Album (2006) - with VIP77
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2015)|
As lead artist
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Certifications||Album|
(featuring Snoop Dogg)
|"Welcome to St. Tropez"
(featuring Blue Marine)
|"Welcome to St. Tropez"
(DJ Antoine vs. Timati featuring Kalenna)
|"I'm on You"
(featuring P. Diddy, Dirty Money and DJ Antoine)
|"Not All About The Money"
(with La La Land featuring Timbaland and Grooya)
|"Sex in the Bathroom"
(featuring Craig David)
As featured artist
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
(Sergey Lazarev featuring Timati)
(DJ Smash featuring Timati)
|Moscow to California
(DJ M.E.G. featuring Sergey Lazarev and Timati)
|"8 Days a Week"
(Jean-Roch featuring Timati)
|—||—||Music Saved My Life|
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
Russian Music Awards MTV
- Best Hip-Hop Artist - 2007 (nominated)
- Best Hip-Hop Artist - 2008 (nominated)
- Best Artist - 2008 (nominated)
- Best Male Act - 2008 (nominated)
- Best Hip-Hop Artist - 2009 (nominated)
- Best Hip-Hop Artist - 2010 (won)
- Best Album "The Boss" - 2010 (won)
- Best Video "Love You" - 2010 (won)
- Best Video "I'm on You" - 2011 (won)
Europe Music Awards MTV
- Best Russian Act - 2009 (nominated)
- Best Russian Act - 2010 (nominated)
- Best Russian Act - 2011 (nominated)
- 2006: Arthur and the Minimoys
- 2007: Surf's Up
- Kamenev, Marina (January 18, 2008). "The word on the street". The St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved 2009-06-14.
- Redeeva, Elena (December 25, 2006). "Тимати: Я совершенно уникален!" (in Russian). Moskovskij Komsomolets. Retrieved 2009-06-14.
- Gasparyan, Artur (November 18, 2009). "Тимати: понты юция" (in Russian). Moskovskij Komsomolets. Retrieved 2009-12-24.
- "Timati - Welcome To St. Tropez". Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- "DJ M.E.G. ft. Ñåðãåé Ëàçàðåâ & Òèìàòè "Moscow to California"". Retrieved 9 March 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Timati.|
- Official website (Russian)
- Timati at the Forbes
- Timati at the Internet Movie Database
- Belugina, Jana (2009-04-22). "Bling-bling party in Tallinn". The Baltic Times. Retrieved 2009-06-14.
- Malpas, Anna (2008-11-28). "In the Spotlight". The Moscow Times. Retrieved 2009-06-14.
- Malpas, Anna (2007-11-16). "In the Spotlight". The St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved 2009-06-14.
- "Russian Rap on the Riviera". Russia Today. 2008-05-19. Retrieved 2009-06-14.