Timber Timbre performing in Montréal in April 2010
|Origin||Brooklin, Ontario, Canada|
|Labels||Arts & Crafts, Out of This Spark, Full Time Hobby|
Timber Timbre is a Canadian folk music project, featuring Taylor Kirk, Simon Trottier and Mika Posen. The moniker refers to an early series of recordings made in a timber-framed cabin set in the wooded outskirts of Bobcaygeon, Ontario.
Timber Timbre released two albums independently before releasing their self-titled album on Out of This Spark in January 2009. They were subsequently signed to Arts & Crafts, who re-released the album on June 30 in Canada and July 28 internationally. The album was named as a longlist nominee for the 2009 Polaris Music Prize on June 15, 2009, and was deemed album of the year by Eye Weekly.
The band's song "Magic Arrow" was featured in the television show Breaking Bad, in the episode "Caballo Sin Nombre", as well as in the TV series The Good Wife, in the episode "Bitcoin for Dummies". "Black Water" features on the soundtrack for the 2012 comedy, For a Good Time, Call...  Their song "Demon Host" was featured in the end credits to the 2013 film The Last Exorcism Part II.
The band's fourth album, Creep On Creepin' On, was released in May 2011. On June 16, 2011, it was named as one of 40 longlisted nominees for the 2011 Polaris Music Prize. On July 6, the album was named as one of ten shortlisted nominees for the 2011 award, and eventually lost to The Suburbs by Arcade Fire. In 2012, the band supported British folk singer Laura Marling on her UK tour and Canadian singer Feist on her tour of America.
On April 1, 2014, the band's fifth record, Hot Dreams, was released.
Timber Timbre's sound has been described as "an aesthetic rooted in swampy, ragged blues" and "beautifully restrained blues from an alternate universe", which creates an atmosphere that is cinematic and spooky.
- Taylor Kirk - vocals, guitar, baritone guitar, bass guitar, keyboards, drums, loops
- Simon Trottier - autoharp, lap steel guitar, electric guitar, baritone guitar, percussion, loops, sampler
- Mika Posen - violin, viola, keyboards, percussion, loops
- Mathieu Charbonneau - keyboards
- Olivier Fairfield - drums
|2011||Creep On Creepin' On||–||70||112||82|
- Friends in Bellwoods II (2009): "Water"
- "Timber Timbre Sign To Arts & Crafts". ChartAttack, May 11, 2009.
- "CBC Radio3 Announces Polaris Prize Longlist". CBC Radio 3, June 15, 2009
-  Eye Weekly
- Soundtrack For 'For A Good Time Call' Features Los Campesinos!, Operator Please, Timber Timbre, More Indie Wire. 3 August 2012
- "2011 Polaris Music Prize Long List announced". aux.tv, June 16, 2011.
- Khanna, Vish. "Timber Timbre's Time Travel", Exclaim!, February 2009.
- "Record Reviews: Timber Timbre, S/T" FFWD Weekly, July 9, 2009.
- "Timber Timbre discography". lescharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "Ghost Bees Change Name to Tasseomancy, Release Timber Timbre-produced Single". Exclaim!, September 27, 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Timber Timbre.|