Time's Up (artist group)
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2011)|
Time's Up is an interactive media and machine art group from Linz, Austria. Founded in 1996, the group has developed interactive media and mechanical art works exhibited throughout Europe and Australasia.
Time's Up has shown a large number of works as individual objects and as complete environments internationally. The exhibitions fall into three main phases:
- Spherical Projection Interface SPIN (2000-2006), premiered at the Ars Electronics Festival 2000 achieved artistic and technical attention.
- Sensory Circus (2002-2006).
Since 2007 main works have been around narrative and living environments.
- Arnd Wesemann, "Die Zeit ist um", Frankfurter Rundschau 18.09.1997
- Gerfried Stocker und Christine Schöpf, "FleshFactor: Informationsmaschine Mensch", Springer Wien, 1997.
- Gerfried Stocker und Christine Schöpf, "Next Sex: Sex im Zeitalter seiner reproduktionstechnischen Überflüssigkeit" Springer Vienna,2000.
- Weibel, Peter and Shaw, Jeffrey, "Future Cinema", MIT Press 2003.
- Ben Delaney, "Walking through a Virtual World" in Real Time Graphics Vol 9 No. 4, Oct/Nov 2000
- Luca Barbeni, "Un laboratorio de situaciones experimentales / A laboratory for esperimental situation", in Aminima 11, pp 112-117, 2005
- Basis Wien Arts Archive: http://www.basis-wien.at/cgi-bin/browse.pl?t=fipo.tpl&fipoid=53829
- Reviews: http://industrial.org/news.php?t=15833, http://boomkat.com/dvds/9786-various-anchortronic-5-1-laboratory-for-updating-experimental-sound