Time Crisis: Razing Storm
|Time Crisis: Razing Storm|
North American Cover Art
|Publisher(s)||Namco Bandai Games|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, multiplayer, online multiplayer|
|Sound||Linear PCM (2-channel, 5.1-channel), Dolby Digital 5.1|
Time Crisis: Razing Storm, known in Japan as Big 3 Gun Shooting, is a compilation of light gun rail shooter video games by Namco for the PlayStation 3 home console. Featuring full compatibility with both the GunCon 3 light gun and the PlayStation Move motion control system, the compilation consists of ports of various arcade games. Developed by Nex Entertainment and published by Namco Bandai Games, the compilation was released in North America on October 19, 2010 and in Japan on October 21, 2010 which is the launch date of the PlayStation Move in Japan. It will also be released as part of a bundle with the PlayStation Move, PlayStation Eye and the Shooting attachment for the PlayStation Move in Japan and other Asian countries such as Singapore.
The compilation features the ports of three arcade games, namely:
- Razing Storm
- A spin-off of the Time Crisis series, the game takes place in a massively destructible environment in a South American country under a bloody revolution. Players, who fight futuristic terrorists and renegade soldiers, represent members of a special-forces unit called S.C.A.R. (Strategic Combat and Rescue), sent to capture the leader of the rebels, who masterminded an attack on the United States. The First Person Shooting Mode wraps up the cliffhanger from the arcade edition of the game and fills in some of the game's plot holes.
- Time Crisis 4
- A re-release of the fourth game in the Time Crisis series, the game follows Military Intelligence Official William Rush in a mission to stop terrorists from utilizing biological insect-like weapons and any hidden agendas they may have.
A rail shooter game similar to the Sega arcade series, "Let's Go Jungle!" where the player is given unlimited bullets and a navigation system. The story details the Pirate's attempt to find Poseidon's Breath, a mighty Treasure Galleon with an extremely valuable trinket.
In addition to the original arcade mode, new gameplay modes in Time Crisis: Razing Storm include a sentry mode, a story mode, and an online battle mode. In sentry mode, up to four players take turns trying achieve a high score by stopping prisoners from escaping in the penitentiary riot scenario. Story mode and online battle mode both feature a new first person shooter-style navigation, in which the player can freely navigate the environment "off the rails". In online battle mode, up to 8 online players can play together in any of a number of battle modes.
In addition to PlayStation Move support, Time Crisis 4: Arcade Ver. (based on the Arcade Mode from the 2007 PlayStation 3 release of Time Crisis 4) and Deadstorm Pirates both feature online ranking, and support 1-2 players.
Razing Storm received mixed reviews from critics, currently holding an average score of 72 out of 100 on Metacritic. IGN gave the game a score of 4 out of 10, saying "Leave this one on the shelf, because no one should have to be this frustrated". In a slightly more positive review, GameSpot gave the game a 6 out of 10 and noted that "Time Crisis: Razing Storm can be fun when it sticks to its arcade roots, but everything else in this shooter package misses the target completely". In a positive review, Cheat Code Central said "compared to most light gun games you'll find lots of great content here" and "there are two really solid games in this package".
- "PlayStation Move 対応「BIG 3 GUN SHOOTING」 10 月21 日(木) 発売" [Big 3 Gun Shooting for PlayStation Move: October 21 (Thursday) release] (Portable Document Format) (in Japanese). Tokyo, Japan: Bandai Namco Games. 6 July 2010. p. 2. Retrieved 2010-07-14.
- "Time Crisis Razing Storm Release Information for PlayStation 3". GameFAQs. Retrieved September 12, 2010.
- "Big 3 Gun Shooting" (in Japanese). Bandai Namco Games. Retrieved 2010-07-14.
- Gantayat, Anoop (6 July 2010). "Sony Readying PS Move Bundles for Japan". IGN. IGN Entertainment. Retrieved 2010-07-14. "Big 3 Gun Shooting, known elsewhere in the world as far less awesome Time Crisis: Razing Storm, will be available as part of the PlayStation Move Big 3 Gun Shooting Perfect Pack."
- Shuman, Sidney (June 24, 2010). "Hands-on with Time Crisis: Razing Storm for PS3 and PlayStation Move". PlayStation.Blog. Sony Computer Entertainment America. Retrieved 2010-07-14. "In addition to the central PlayStation Move and Navigation Controller support, Time Crisis: Razing Storm supports the GunCon 3, the peripheral that shipped with the PS3 version of Time Crisis 4. You’ll also be able to toss your PlayStation Move into the upcoming “Shooting Attachment.”"
- "Namco Bandai Games announces Time Crisis: Razing Storm for the PlayStation 3 system". Namco Bandai Games. 15 June 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-14. "An online ranking system will be available in both Deadstorm Pirates and Time Crisis 4, so players can see how their performance stacks up against the world. Both games will also be compatible with the PlayStation Move motion controller and Guncon 3."
- "Sony Computer Entertainment America delivers groundbreaking 3D technology, next generation motion control experiences, and an unrivaled PlayStation 3 game line up at E3 2010". Sony Computer Entertainment America. 15 June 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-14. "Time Crisis: Razing Storm (Bandai Namco), September 2010"
- "Sony Computer Entertainment Japan to introduce PlayStation Move motion controller bundle packs featuring Bio Hazard 5 Alternative Edition and Big 3 Gun Shooting". Sony Computer Entertainment Japan. 6 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-14.