A time-use survey is a statistical survey which aims to report data on how, on average, people spend their time.
The objective is to identify, classify and quantify the main types of activity that people engage in during a definitive time period, e.g. a year, a month, etc.
- Origin of Time Use surveys
- British ESRC Time Use programme
- Japanese info #2
- Info from Germany and some other countries
- United States info #2
- British info #2
- Info from Statistics New Zealand
- Canadian info #2
- United Nations, Guide to Producing Statistics on Time-use Measuring Paid and Unpaid Work. New York: United Nations, 2005.