Timeline of Republic of China history
This is a timeline of the History of the Republic of China on mainland China (1912–1949).
- 1911: Wuchang Uprising.
- 1911: Flag of the Republic of China "Five-Colored Flag" selected as the national flag by the provisional senate.
- 1912: Sun Yat-sen elected First Provisional President of the ROC by delegates from independent provinces.
- 1912: Last emperor of China Puyi forced to abdicate.
- 1915: Twenty-One Demands.
- 1916: Yuan Shikai dies.
- 1919: Treaty of Versailles is established.
- 1919: May Fourth Movement.
- 1924: Whampoa Military Academy established.
- 1925: Sun Yat-sen dies, National Revolutionary Army founded.
- 1926: beginning of the Northern Expedition.
- 1927: Shanghai massacre, beginning of the Chinese Civil War.
- 1928: end of the Northern Expedition, Flag of the Republic of China "Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth" flag adopted as the nation's official flag.
- 1931: Mukden Incident
- 1932: Manchukuo
- 1933: Tanggu Truce
- 1935: He-Umezu Agreement
- 1935: East Hebei Autonomous Council
- 1936: Xi'an Incident.
- 1937: Marco Polo Bridge Incident.
- 1937: Second Sino-Japanese War.
- 1937: Tungchow Mutiny
- 1937: Nanking Massacre
- 1943: USA repeals the Chinese Exclusion Act.
- 1945: Republic of China begins administrating Taiwan. Per treaty, the United States of America is the principal occupying power and the ROC/KMT is a subordinate occupying power.
- 1948: Universal Declaration of Human Rights adopted by the United Nations General Assembly. P. C. Chang is among its authors.
- 1949: ROC moves its central government to Taiwan.
- 1952: San Francisco Peace Treaty comes into force. Japan renounces all right, title, and claim to Taiwan, but no "receiving country" is designated. The ROC claims to have formally acquired the territorial sovereignty over Taiwan and Penghu through peace treaties with Japan.
- 1952: Treaty of Taipei comes into force. Article 2 recognizes the disposition of Taiwan as specified in the San Francisco Peace Treaty.
- 1955: Mutual Defense Treaty with the United States comes into force. Article 6 recognizes the effective territorial control of the ROC over Taiwan.
- 1960: US President Dwight Eisenhower visited Taiwan.
- 1964: Shimen Dam, largest in Taiwan at the time, was completed.
- 1973: Zengwun Dam was completed.
- 1974: Techi Dam was completed.
- 1984: Junghua Dam was completed.
- 1986: Opposition political parties were allowed.
- 1987: Martial law was lifted.
- 1988: The restriction on newspapers was lifted.
- 1992: South Korea recognized People's Republic of China, severing ties with the Repubilc of China.
- 1995: The People's Republic of China test fired missiles to waters within 60 kilometers of Taiwan, followed by live fire military exercises, in an attempt to sway election results.
- 1996: The first direct vote election was held for the office of the President of the Republic of China. People's Republic of China again fired missiles near Taiwan in an act of intimidation.
- 1999: Construction began on Taipei 101, which was to be the tallest building in the world.
- 2004: Taipei 101, the tallest building in the world until 2011, was completed.
- 2004 : National Highway No.3 Formosa Freeway traffic
- 2004 : The first 11 presidential election : Vote three hundred nineteen before the shooting incident, Chen Shui-bian and Annette Lu was
elected by a narrow majority
- 2004 : Lien Chan and James Soong proposed election invalid election invalid complaints and appeal, the Court conducted a nationwide recount
- 2004 : Jiang Fangliang death
- 2004 : taekwondo athlete Chen Shih-hsin at the Athens Olympic Games first gold medal for Chinese Taipei
- 2004 : The 6th legislative elections : the Democratic Progressive Party 89 seats, 79 seats Kuomintang, the People First Party 34 seats, 12 seats TSU, New Party one seat, no party coalition six seats, independents four seats
- 2004 : Kun Kun Cabinet resignation, took over as Premier Frank Hsieh
- 2005 : Chinese New Year cross-strait charter flights, separated 56 years later, the Civil Aviation charter flight landed in Taiwan in mainland China for the first time legally
- 2005 : The People's Republic of China through the anti-secession law, Taiwan's DPP government held three large protest Protect Taiwan 2696
- 2005 : Lien Chan and James Soong have access to mainland China journey of peace, bridge tour
- 2005 : Task-based National Assembly elections, the National Assembly convenes after the repeal, lawmakers seats halved in the Constitution referendum proposal
- 2005 : Ma Ying-jeou was elected chairman of the Chinese Kuomintang
- 2005 : Kaohsiung MRT scandal of foreign workers
- 2005 : Heads county elections: KMT 14 seats, the Democratic Progressive Party six seats, the New Party one seat, no party a seat
- 2006 : Hsieh Cabinet resignation, took over as Premier Su Tseng-chang
- 2006 : Sun Yun-suan death
- 2006 : a gift from the Chinese mainland declined panda
- 2006 : the abolition of the National Unification Guidelines
- 2006 : Taiwan to open the case, the case of minors Legislature presidential recall vote
- 2006 : Snow Mountain Crossing
- 2006 : Shih leadership "a million people fell flat anti- corruption " campaign
- 2006 : state affairs fund corruption charges against Wu Shu-chen, President Chen Shui-bian announced the resignation of First Instance found guilty
- 2006 : Academy Award for Best Director Ang Lee
- 2006 : The 10th municipality CEO and City Council elections : Taipei Mayor Hau Lung-bin elected ; Kaohsiung Mayor Chen Chu was elected ; Soong announced his withdrawal from politics Chu
- 2006 : Wang record 19 wins in MLB single-season record
- 2006 : Taiwan High Speed Rail trial operation next year on January 5 traffic
- 2007 : Special charges of corruption charges against Ma Ying-jeou, KMT Chairman Ma resigned from China
- 2007 : Elected Chinese Kuomintang Chairman Wu Poh-hsiung
- 2007 : Denial Beijing Olympic torch through Taipei to Hong Kong route
- 2007 : Local Government Act to modify, Taipei County became quasi- municipality
- 2007 : Frank Hsieh, the DPP and the KMT nominated Ma Ying-jeou presidential election race
- 2007 : the resignation of Premier Su Tseng-chang, the SEF chairman, former Premier Chang Chun-hsiung skillet take office .
- 2007 : 17 whole generation of Chinese Kuomintang Ma Ying-jeou will be nominated by, Siew compete partner and vice presidential candidate in 2008 elections .
- 2008: The Republic of the seventh legislative election case cum third and fourth cases nationwide referendum : the Chinese Nationalist Party won a landslide victory, get 81 seats, the Democratic Progressive Party obtained 27 seats, the Non-Partisan Solidarity Union 3 seats, the People First Party 1 seat, no party a seat, while the third case of a referendum, by the fourth case were no
A gift from the Chinese mainland to Taiwan pandas
- 2008: The 12th president of the vice presidential election case cum fifth and sixth cases nationwide referendum : Ma, Siew was elected to 7,658,724 votes, 58.45 percent votes, Frank Hsieh, Su Tseng-chang 5,445,239 votes, 41.55 percent votes, while the referendum fifth case, 6 cases were by no
- 2008 : Taiwan's Tsai Ing-wen was elected as the first female major political parties in the party chairman
- 2008 : Soyuz fishing boat incident : June 10 Japanese patrol boats fishing boat sank ROC " United", and the boat people taken to Japan interrogation, the crew back the next day, but the captain detained June 12 due to the pressure Republic of China, Japan, the release of the captain . June 13 ROC Premier Liu said the Japanese side will eventually be more force to resolve the Diaoyu Islands dispute .
- 2008 : SEF, ARATS again to resume talks on June 13, the two sides are expected to solve the current predicament . The talks have signed cross-strait weekend charter flights and mainland residents to travel two agreements.
- 2009 : Typhoon Morakot caused by Typhoon Morakot, the first time the ROC government refused foreign aid
- 2009 : Taiwan President Chen Shui-bian and his wife Wu Shu-chen ago was sentenced to life imprisonment.
- 2010 –2019 years [ edit ]
- 2010 : The Legislative Yuan passed the "Executive Yuan Organization Law" amendment, Executive Yuan central administrative authorities since January 1, 2012 will be reduced from 37 to 27 ministries Ministry, 2 OFFICE .
- 2010: ECFA was signed .
- 2010 : Tainan, Kaohsiung and Taichung counties were upgraded to merge the three municipalities, Taipei County was upgraded to an independent municipality - New Taipei City .
- 2011 : ROC government and people of Taiwan launched the Great East Japan Earthquake Aid .
- 2011 : Tsai Ing-wen was elected as the first female presidential candidate
- 2011 : Republic of China a hundred years.
- 2012 : The first 13 presidential election, Vice President, Ma Ying-jeou, Wu Den-yih was elected to 6,891,139 votes, 51.60 percent votes, Tsai Ing-wen, Su Jia 6,093,578 votes, 45.63 percent votes, James Soong, Ruey S. Lin 369,588 votes, the vote by 2.77% . 8th legislative elections, the KMT 64 seats, the DPP 40 seats, the People First Party 3 seats, 3 seats TSU, no party coalition two seats, one seat without party affiliation .
- 2013 : Academy Award for Best Director Ang Lee re-
- 2013 : Taiwan and Japan signed the " Taiwan-Japan Fisheries Agreement " at the Taipei Guest House, the two countries share overlapping EEZ fishery resources.
- 2013 : The Department of Health into history, was upgraded to the Ministry of Health and Welfare . ( Institute of Medicine in the Department of Education and the Executive Yuan disability benefits ............ sectors combined )
2013 : Taiwan New Zealand Economic Cooperation Agreement (ANZTEC), Taiwan Star Economic Cooperation Agreement (ASTEP) officially signed .