1870s in sociology
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Timeline of sociology (1870s))
The following events related to sociology occurred in the 1870s.
- Pierre Guillaume Frédéric le Play's Le Organisation de Famille is published.
- Carl Menger's Principles of Economics is published.
- Lewis Henry Morgan's Systems of Consanguinity and Affinity of the Human Family is published.
- Sir Edward Burnett Tylor's In Primitive Culture is published.
- Francis Galton's English men of science : their nature and nurture is published.
- Pierre Guillaume Frédéric Le Play's La réforme sociale en France déduite de l’observation comparée des peuples Européens is published.
- Henry Sidgwick's The Method of Ethics is published.
- Francis Galton's Statistics by intercomparison, with remarks on the law of frequency of error is published.
- Frederic Harrison's Order and Progress is published.