1880s in sociology
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Timeline of sociology (1880s))
The following events related to sociology occurred in the 1880s.
- Friedrich Nietzsche's The Gay Science is published.
- Leslie Stephen's The Science of Ethics is published.
- Lester Frank Ward's Dynamic Sociology is published.
- Francis Galton's Inquiries into Human Faculty and Its Development is published.
- Thomas Hill Green's Prolegomena to Ethics is published.
- Ludwig Gumplowicz's Race Struggle is published.
- Carl Menger's Investigations into the Method of the Social Sciences with Special Reference to Economics is published.
- Friedrich Nietzsche's Thus Spoke Zarathustra is published.
- Henry Sidgwick's Principles of Political Economy is published.
- William Sumner's What Social Classes Owe Each Other is published.
- February 8: Joseph Schumpeter
- Friedrich Engels' The Origin of the Family, Private Property and the State is published.
- Carl Menger's The Errors of Historicism is published.
- Gaetano Mosca's Theory of Governments and Parliamentary Government is published.
- Foundation of the Fabian Society
- Ludwig Gumplowicz's Outline for Sociology is published.
- Sir Henry James Sumner Maine's Popular Government is published.
- The Second Volume of Karl Marx's Capital is published (edited by Engels).
- Friedrich Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil is published.
- Jose Rizal's Dimanche des Rameaux is published in Berlin.
- Friedrich Nietzsche's On the Genealogy of Morals is published.
- Ferdinand Tönnies' Gemeinschaft and Gesellschaft is published.
- July 6: Eugen Rosenstock-Huessy
- February 3: Henry Maine