Timothy D. Bellavia
|Timothy David Bellavia|
May 1, 1971 |
Buffalo, New York
|Occupation||Author, illustrator, educator, producer, dancer, performance artist|
Timothy D. Bellavia (b. 1971) is an American children's author, illustrator and educator.
Timothy D. Bellavia was born May 1, 1971 in Buffalo, New York. After graduating from Roberts Wesleyan College in Rochester and later earning an MFA from Pratt Institute, Bellavia lived in New York working as an artist, a runway model for alternative fashions, an actor on a cable soap opera, and even had a stint as a backup dancer for Cyndi Lauper, before landing a job as a curator at the Tenement Museum on the lower East Side.
• Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture – Fellowship Grant −1997
• Christopher Award Nomination – Best Children’s Book 2001
• Principal for a Day – April 19, 2002
• LeAp Recognition Award – 2003
• Young Adult Institute – 2004
• Lambda Literary Foundation – Nomination – 2009
• We Are All The Same Inside (2000)
• Come and Abide (2002)
• Theo and the Sisters of Sage! (2003)
• Sage Goes to Kindergarten (2006)
• Sage 2007–08 School Calendar with The Elias Howe School (2007)
• Sage 2008 Calendar with Single Parent Resource Center (2007)
• Paper, Scissors & Magic – Seven Ways to Get Kids to Love Books (2007)
• Project Aspire (2008)
• The Inside Story – Commemorating the 10th Anniversary of Sage and acclaimed doll-making workshop (2009)
• We Are All The Same Inside – Tenth Anniversary Edition (2010)
• La historia por dentro (2011)
• Vu de l'interier (2011)
• Dasha, Priscilla and the Talent Show – with Elaine Nikolakakos, Ed.D. (2012)
• The Forever-Green Tree – with Nicholas Aiello, Ph.D., Lora Grillo, and Kristin Walsh (2013)
• Pieces of Ice – with Kristin Walsh (2009)
T.I.M.M.-E. Company, Inc.
The T.I.M.M.-E. Company. Inc. (Tolerance in Multi Media Education) was founded in 2000 by Bellavia to promote peace, tolerance and acceptance. The T.I.M.M.-E. Company, Inc. is the publisher of We Are All The Same Inside and has developed an early childhood human diversity school curriculum with tolerance-teaching dolls featured in Bellavia’s children’s picture books. In 2003, Bellavia presented his curriculum at the United Nations on the International day of Tolerance in co-operation with on the Anti Defamation League and the We Are Family Foundation. The theme of his address was Educating Our Children For A Safer World. His presentation to the UN Council was also later broadcast by Court TV/Tru TV.
The T.I.M.M.-E. Company. Inc. has conducted workshops in conjunction with the New York City Department of Education to teach tolerance to New York City’s school children while integrating the arts into the literacy curriculum. Continuing a partnership that began in 2004 with Sesame Reads Annual Literacy Day, in September 2007 the T.I.M.M.-E. Company, Inc., participated in celebrating the 105th anniversary of CLC (The Children's Learning Center) in Stamford, CT. The highlight of the event was an appearance by Rosita, Abby Cadabby and some Honkers. Other Sesame Workshop speakers included the award winning animator Jim Jinkins, creator of "Global Thingy" and "Pinky Dinky Doo".
We Are All The Same Inside
We Are All The Same Inside is a 2000 children's picture book by Timothy D. Bellavia, which earned a Christoper Award nomination for Best Children's Picture Book.
2010 marked the tenth anniversary of the We Are All The Same Inside book and the Sage doll-making workshop. A special 10th anniversary version of the We Are All The Same Inside book was released in 2010. The reissued picture book featured: paper doll patterns, teacher curriculum, 10-year chronology, and rare photographs. To commemorate the anniversary singer, songwriter and former Motown Records producer Sherlie Matthews, who co-wrote and co-produced a special children's multi-track Compact Disc. The Brooklyn Historical Society hosted a We Are all the Same Inside workshop on October 24, 2010.
- Martinez, Michael. "Sherlie Matthews sings on We Are All The Same Inside, CD Launch Held 10/24." Broadway World
- Bellavia, Timothy D. The Inside Story – Commemorating the 10th Anniversary of Sage and acclaimed doll-making workshop (2009)
As of this edit, this article uses content from "Press Release", which is licensed in a way that permits reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License, but not under the GFDL. All relevant terms must be followed.