Timothy F. Sedgwick
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (February 2009)|
Timothy F. Sedgwick joined Virginia Theological Seminary in 1997. He is a prolific author and editor, and in addition to being The Clinton S. Quin Professor of Christian Ethics and since 2007 has served as Vice President and Associate Dean of Academic Affairs.
Prof. Sedgwick received his A.B. from Albion College and his M.A. and Ph.D. from Vanderbilt University. Following his doctorate he taught undergraduates at Denison University, Marshall University, and Blackburn College and then for 19 years taught Christian ethics at Seabury-Western Theological Seminary.
He has served the Anglican Theological Review as book review editor, board member, and president of the board  and as a member of the board of directors for the Society of Christian Ethics. In the Episcopal Church he serves on the Advisory Board for the College for Bishops and on the Anglican–Roman Catholic (ARC) USA bilateral discussion, currently on moral theology. Previously he served on the Task Force on End-of-Life Issues, the Task Force on Ethics and the New Genetics, the Committee on Sexual Exploitation, the delegation to the governing Board of the National Council of Churches in Christ, the General Board of Examining Chaplains, the Council for the Development of Ministry (where he served as vice-chairperson), the Total Ministry Task Force, and the Task Force on Lay Professionals.
Prof. Sedgwick is married to Martha W. Sedgwick and has two grown daughters.
- Preaching What We Practice, (Morehouse Publishing Company, 2007) with David Schlafer.
- The Christian Moral Life: Practices in Piety, (Forward Movement Publications, 1999)
- Faithful Living, Faithful Dying: Anglican Perspectives on End-of-Life Care, authored with members of the End-of-Life Task Force (Morehouse, 2000)
- The Making of Ministry (Cowley, 1993)
- Sacramental Ethics: Paschal Identity and the Christian Life (Fortress, 1987)
- The Crisis in Moral Teaching in the Episcopal Church, edited with Philip Turner (Morehouse, 1992)
- http://biblische.blogspot.com/2007/08/dr-timothy-sedgwick-appointed-new.html Dr. Timothy Sedgwick Appointed New Academic Dean
- http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3818/is_200007/ai_n8895089 The Christian Moral Life: Practices of Piety (Bnet)
- http://www.anglicantheologicalreview.org/read/indexes.php Anglican Theological Review