Timothy Taylor (writer)
Born in Venezuela, he was raised in West Vancouver, British Columbia and Edmonton, Alberta. Taylor attended the University of Alberta and Queen's University, and lived for some years in Toronto, Ontario. In 1987 he returned to British Columbia. Taylor currently resides in Vancouver.
Taylor's short story "Doves of Townsend" won the Journey Prize in 2000. He had two other stories on the competition's final shortlist that year, and is to date the only writer ever to have three short stories compete for the prize in the same year. He subsequently served as a judge for the 2003 award.
- Stanley Park. Toronto: Knopf Canada, 2001. ISBN 0-676-97307-8
- Story House. Toronto: Knopf Canada, 2006. ISBN 0-676-97764-2
- The Blue Light Project. Toronto: Knopf Canada, 2011. ISBN 0-307-39930-3
- Silent Cruise Toronto: Vintage Canada, 2002.
- Random house link
- Online interview from CBC Words at Large
- Author Website
- An interview with Timothy Taylor on Notebook on Cities and Culture