Timothy Taylor Gallery
Timothy Taylor Gallery is a modern and contemporary art gallery in Mayfair, London, owned and founded by Timothy Taylor. The gallery represents a variety of artists, selling original and editioned artworks across many different media.
The gallery was founded in 1996 on Bruton Place and later moved to 24 Dering Street in 2003, expanding to include a second space at 21 Dering Street in 2006, which closed when they opened their new gallery at 15 Carlos Place, Mayfair.
In October 2007, Timothy Taylor Gallery opened a new 2,000-square-foot (190 m2) space in 15 Carlos Place, Mayfair, London, with an inaugural exhibition of Alex Katz's One Flight Up., The move allowed the gallery to exhibit a greater scope of works in a space designed by Eric Parry Architects.
Emma Dexter, former Senior Curator of the Tate Modern, Director of Exhibitions at the Institute of Contemporary Arts and Director of Chisenhale Gallery, joined Timothy Taylor Gallery as Director of Exhibitions in 2007. Dexter has curated group shows including Ballet Mécanique in 2007 and Ventriloquist in 2009.,,
The gallery has produced over twenty publications, and shown over seventy exhibitions since its opening. Timothy Taylor Gallery also takes part in a number of art fairs worldwide, including the Frieze Art Fair, Art Basel Miami, and Art Basel.
- Timothy Taylor, Owner & Director
- Emma Dexter, Director of Exhibitions
- Terry Danziger-Miles, Director
- Craigie Aitchison
- Ron Arad
- Diane Arbus
- Jean-Marc Bustamante
- Armen Eloyan
- Lee Friedlander
- Adam Fuss
- Ewan Gibbs
- Philip Guston
- Simon Hantaï
- Hans Hartung
- Susan Hiller
- Volker Hüller
- Jessica Jackson Hutchins
- Eemyun Kang
- Alex Katz
- Jonathan Lasker
- Agnes Martin
- Josephine Meckseper
- Richard Patterson
- Mai-Thu Perret
- Fiona Rae
- Bridget Riley
- Sean Scully
- Kiki Smith
- Antoni Tàpies
- Liliane Tomasko
- Andy Warhol
- Lucy Williams
- Conti, Samantha (20 June 2003). "TAYLOR MADE.(art dealer Timothy Taylor opens new gallery in London, England's West End)". WWD – via HighBeam Research (subscription required) (Condé Nast). Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- Valbonesi, Ilari. ‘An impossible marriage of the epic and the humble: Alex Katz ‘One Flight Up’. Ecopolis. 12 October 2007.
- ‘Space /Invaders’. Mayfair Times. November 2007.
- ‘In the name of art’. World Architecture News.com. 12 October 2007.
- Ward, Ossian. ‘The Gothic Vault’. Time Out London. 19 March 2009.
- Herbert, Martin. ‘Reviews: Ventriloquist’. Time Out London. 19 March 2009.
- Cumming, Laura (12 October 2008). "What price the rise of private art?". The Observer. Retrieved 27 October 2012.