|Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
|Type||Non-profit until 1970|
|Grades||Class 1 - 12|
|Campus size||1-acre (4,000 m2)|
|Affiliation||CBSE and ICSE|
|Website||Official Website,The Timpany Family Album|
ETASI Timpany School (Telugu: ఇటిఏఎస్ఐ తిమ్పనీ స్కూల్) is a Christian mission school owned by the Evangelical Trust Association of South India (ETASI). It was started in the pre-independence Indian era (1931).
The syllabus is CBSE/ICSE, with English as the medium of instruction.
The school has three branches;
- Timpany School (Asilmetta) - affiliated to the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), New Delhi.
The council was established in 1958 by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate to ensure that its examinations become adapted to the educational needs of the country. The council was registered as a Society under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 on 19 December, 1967
It was constituted to secure representation of organisations responsible for schools: the Inter-State Board for Anglo-Indian Education; the Association of Indian Universities; the Association of Head of Anglo-Indian Schools, the Indian Public School Conference; and the Association of Schools for the ISC Examination.
- Timpany Steel City School (Gajuwaka) - affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi.
- Timpany Secondary School (CBM Compound) - affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi.
Pre-school teacher training
- In association with ACTS Academy of Higher Education, Bengaluru
- Certificate Course - 6 months
- Eligibility - +2
The students are divided into houses Jupiter, Mercury, Neptune and Venus. Competitive spirit is displayed amongst students through inter-house competitions.
60th year celebrations in 1991
- The school celebrated its 60th year at the Gurajada Kalakshetram amphitheater in Visakhapatnam. The students held shows and showcased their talents.
70th year celebrations in 2001
- Timpany marked the entry into the new millennium with its 70th year celebrations.
75th year celebrations in 2005
80 year celebration in 2011
We are Timpany
True knowledge we will seek
With loving hearts and open hands
We prepare to serve our land
We strive for excellence
Disciplined we want to be
We resolve to seek integrity
Live our lives in honesty
We will work, we will play
We will join together and pray
Our banner everyone will see,
that we are Timpany
Persevere to attain
Perfection and acclaim
Undaunted though the Road be rough
Our strength is from above
True wisdom we desire
For honour we aspire
For a School where love and truth are shown
God our saviour’s name is known