Majorino at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con
|Born||Tina Marie Majorino
February 7, 1985 (age 30)
Westlake, California, U.S.
|Years active||1992–1999, 2004–present|
Tina Marie Majorino (//; born February 7, 1985) is an American film and television actress. She started her career as a child actor, starring in films such as Andre; When a Man Loves a Woman; Corrina, Corrina; and Waterworld.
Despite her early success, she took a sabbatical from 1999 to 2004. She returned for one of her best known roles to date, the character Deb in the 2004 film Napoleon Dynamite. Since her return to acting, Majorino has been in television series such as Veronica Mars, Big Love, True Blood and Grey's Anatomy. Majorino returned to the role of Mac in the Veronica Mars movie, and has played the part of Maggie Harris on TNT's Legends TV series.
Majorino was born in Westlake, California, the daughter of Sarah (née Black) and real estate agent Robert "Bob" Majorino. Her father is of Italian, Cuban, and French descent, and her mother has English and German ancestry. She has an older brother, Kevin, with whom she has formed a rock band, The AM Project.
Majorino began her acting career in a 1992 sitcom called Camp Wilder. Her first film role was in 1994's When a Man Loves a Woman. She subsequently starred in leading roles in the family films Corrina, Corrina and Andre, both of which were released in August 1994. Her next film was the 1995 action film Waterworld, playing a child named Enola.
She played the title role in the 1999 television film, Alice in Wonderland. After Alice, Majorino took time off from the business. She has since cited burnout as the reason for her hiatus from acting. Majorino did not appear in another film until the 2004 cult film Napoleon Dynamite. From 2004 onward, she played a recurring role on UPN's series, Veronica Mars, as the computer-savvy Cindy "Mac" Mackenzie. This role began in the show's eighth episode, "Like a Virgin", and continued until the show's series finale, "The Bitch is Back". Show creator Rob Thomas created the role with her in mind. Majorino had met Thomas while interviewing him for a report on one of his books. Majorino became a series regular in the show's third and final season. During her time on Veronica Mars, she also started appearing in a recurring role on the cable television series Big Love with Waterworld costar Jeanne Tripplehorn and fellow Veronica Mars cast members Amanda Seyfried and Kyle Gallner. In 2005, she appeared in the music video for the song "Blind" by rock group Lifehouse.
She started filming for The Deep End, a television show for ABC in 2009. She played the role of Addy Fisher, a meek and insecure first-year associate at a high profile law firm. The show was canceled after only six episodes were aired.
In 2012, she reprised her role as Deb in the animated TV version of Napoleon Dynamite. She was also seen playing the role of the vampire Molly in Season 5 of the HBO television series True Blood, an uncredited role as a pregnant woman in the Fox show, Raising Hope, in an episode titled "Tarot Cards," and the role of intern Dr. Heather Brooks in Season 9 of the ABC series Grey's Anatomy, with her character being killed off in the two-part premiere of Season 10. In 2014 she appeared in the Veronica Mars film as her character Mac, a project financed by fans through Kickstarter.
|1994||When a Man Loves a Woman||Jess Green|
|1994||Corrina, Corrina||Molly Singer|
|1997||Santa Fe||Crystal Thomas|
|2006||Sharp, AA Sharp||The Daughter||Short film|
|2007||What We Do Is Secret||Michelle|
|2012||Should've Been Romeo||Alice|
|2014||Veronica Mars||Cindy "Mac" Mackenzie|
|1992–1993||Camp Wilder||Sophie Wilder||Main role (19 episodes)|
|1996||New York Crossing||TV film|
|1997||True Women||Young Euphemia Ashby||TV film|
|1997||Before Women Had Wings||Avocet Abigail 'Bird' Jackson||TV film|
|1997||Merry Christmas, George Bailey||Janie Bailey||TV film|
|1999||Alice in Wonderland||Alice||TV film|
|2004||Without a Trace||Serena Barnes / Andrews||Episode: "Lost and Found"|
|2004–2007||Veronica Mars||Cindy "Mac" Mackenzie||Recurring / Main role (34 episodes)|
|2006–2011||Big Love||Heather Tuttle||Recurring role (26 episodes)|
|2010||In Security||TV film|
|2010||Deep End, TheThe Deep End||Addy Fisher||Main role (7 episodes)|
|2011||Castle||Reese Harmon||Episode: "One Life to Lose"|
|2011–2012||Bones||Special Agent Genevieve Shaw||Episodes: "The Hole in the Heart", "The Male in the Mail", "The Bump in the Road"|
|2012||Napoleon Dynamite||Deb (voice)||Main role (6 episodes)|
|2012||True Blood||Molly||Recurring role (6 episodes)|
|2012–2013||Grey's Anatomy||Dr. Heather Brooks||Recurring role (22 episodes)|
|2014||Legends||Maggie Harris||Main role; post-production|
- According to the State of California. California Birth Index, 1905–1995. Center for Health Statistics, California Department of Health Services, Sacramento, California. Searchable at http://www.familytreelegends.com/records/39461
- Interview with Billy Zane, Matt Long, Tina Majorino, Leah Pipes, Mehcad Brooks and Ben Lawson – Outside the Box
- Tina Majorino Biography (1985–)
- Steele, Tyler. "Albertina Majorino Interview! (Aґrchived version)". Turtle Soup. Archived from the original on 2006-01-12. Retrieved 2006-11-30.
- Dransfeldt, Jeffrey (2006-10-06). "Tina Majorino reflects on time away from show-biz". Oregon Daily Emerald. Retrieved 2009-07-24.[dead link]
- 1992 Fall Preview, TV Guide – it was a sitcom
- DuBois, Stephanie. "TV RISING STAR: 'VERONICA MARS' TINA MAJORINO SHUNS HOLLYWOOD RAT RACE". Netscape. Retrieved 2007-05-06.
- Maslin, Janet (1995-07-28). "WATERWORLD; Aquatic Armageddon With Plenty of Toys". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-07-24.
- Kuhn, Sarah. "Majorino Feeling the Love – "Big Love" actress brings genuineness to outsider roles". Back Stage West. Retrieved 2009-07-24.
- Mitovich, Matt Webb (2006-10-24). "Tina Majorino (Mac) Teases Veronica Mars' Next Big Mystery". TV Guide. Retrieved 2009-07-24.
- "LoL sits down for an interview with Tina Majorino!". Lifehouse on Lefora. 2009-03-06. Retrieved 2009-07-24.
- "LoL sits down for an interview with Nigel Dick!". Lifehouse on Lefora. 2009-02-12. Retrieved 2009-07-24.
- O'Connell, Joe (2009-07-21). "ABC series 'The Deep End' expected to begin filming in North Texas". Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 2009-07-24.
- Patterson, Troy (January 20, 2010). "Nice Teeth". Slate. Archived from the original on November 29, 2010. Retrieved November 29, 2010.
- Hinckley, David (January 28, 2010). "ABC's 'The Deep End' firmly unoriginal". New York Daily News. Archived from the original on November 19, 2010. Retrieved August 28, 2010.
- Owen, Rob (2010-05-19). "For fall, ABC adding 6 shows, making most changes on Tuesdays, Fridays". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Archived from the original on 2010-12-04.
- Nordyke, Kimberly (2013-06-12). "Veronica Mars' Movie: Tina Majorino to Return as 'Mac". The Hollywood Reporter.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tina Majorino.|