Tinley Park Lights
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010)|
According to UFOlogist Sam Maranto, the National UFO Reporting Center received numerous calls reporting lights in the sky over Tinley Park and Oak Park. Witnesses in various locations provided reports as well as video footage of the lights, described as three red lights "seen hanging in the air in various positions". UFOlogist Peter Davenport described the sightings as "among the most well-documented cases that we have seen".
Jerry Galloway of Georgia State University was "not convinced that these lights are other-worldly in origin" and commented that, "lights in the sky are common yet mysterious things," and "human nature seems to invent all sorts of supernatural, metaphysical and extraterrestrial explanations for almost anything not immediately understood." 
- On Sunday, May 18, 2008, Dateline NBC aired the episode "10 Close Encounters Caught on Tape", which featured the Tinley Park Lights.
- On November 2, 2008, the History Channel program UFO Hunters featured the Tinley Park Lights.
- Illinois MUFON Investigation Summary
- Chicago Sun-Times group wire article
- Chicago Magazine article, March, 2007