Adrian John Tinniswood OBE (born 1954) is an English writer and historian.
Tinniswood studied English and Philosophy at Southampton University and was awarded an MPhil at Leicester University. He has acted as a consultant to the National Trust, and has lectured at several universities in both the United Kingdom and United States, including the University of Oxford and the University of California, Berkeley.
He was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2013 Birthday Honours for services to heritage.
- Historic Houses of the National Trust
- Country Houses from the Air
- Life in the English Country Cottage
- Travels with Pevsner
- Visions of Power
- Architecture and Ambition from Ancient Rome to Modern Paris
- His invention so fertile: a life of Christopher Wren
- Polite Tourist: A History of Country House Visiting First published in the UK by Basil Blackwell (1989) with a similar title, later published by the National Trust of London (1998)
- By Permission of Heaven: The True Story of the Great Fire of London
- The Verneys: A True Story of Love, War, and Madness in Seventeenth-Century England (2007)
- Pirates of Barbary, London, Cape, 2010. ISBN 978-0-224-08526-7