An instance of TinyMCE with the full version of the "advanced" skin.
|Developer(s)||Moxiecode Systems AB|
|Stable release||4.1.6 / October 8, 2014|
It offers HTML formatting tools, like bold, italic, underline, both ordered and unordered lists, different types of alignments, in-line placement of images and videos, etc. It is highly useful for those who want to allow their users to edit HTML documents online. The different options can be configured at the time of integration with a project, which improves the flexibility of a project.
TinyMCE ships with an assortment of plugins. Because TinyMCE is meant to be a client-side application, it does not include native file managers for various server technologies. Several file manager solutions exist, including several proprietary projects developed by Moxiecode Systems AB, as well as a handful of open source file manager solutions.
- MoxieManager - MCFileManager/MCImageManager replacement
- MCFileManager - Discontinued 2013
- MCImageManager - Discontinued 2013
- Open Manager—An Ajax File Uploader & Image Gallery Plugin written in 2013 compatible with TinyMCE 3.x.
- After the Deadline—A spelling, style, and grammar checking software service with a TinyMCE plugin.
- Ajax File & image Manager—An ajax tool to manage remote files and images.
- Ajax File Manager—Full, free ajax file manager for ASP.NET.
- Image Manager—Ajax image and file manager with multiupload (PHP and Python).
- imgLib—Image manager with simple editor (PHP/GD).
- TinyBrowser—File manager featuring simple multiple file upload support (uploader is Adobe Flash based).
- TinyCIMM—TinyMCE CodeIgniter Media Manager.
- IMCE—Image/file uploader and browser.
- A&R FileManager—Image/file manager with multiupload.
- Acan Explorer—File manager with multiuploading.
- PDW Media Browser—Windows-7-type media browser.
- PDW Toggle Toolbars—Show and hide toolbars with a click on a button.
- 44 different translations are available for TinyMCE 2.x.x.
- 46 different translations are available for TinyMCE 3.x.x.
- 42 different translations are available for TinyMCE 4.x.x.
The Moxiecode community support for TinyMCE has been officially discontinued as mentioned in one of its forum threads by developer, Afraithe. However, it gives the option for premium product support, which requires purchasing a support account. All related bugs can be reported at the SourceForge website mentioned below in the external links.
For minor support related queries, the user may refer to the wiki, FAQ, or the "Tips, Tricks & How To's" forum thread.
Themes and skins
TinyMCE 2.x->3.x used to offer various ways to customize the look and feel of the editor. Version 3 of TinyMCE came packaged with two themes, simple and advanced, as well as 2 skins for each theme, default and o2k7.
TinyMCE also has an optional compressor pack to reduce the overall script download footprint, in the time it takes the script to initialize. The compressor pack is available for PHP, ASPX, JSP, and CFM. A third-party Ruby on Rails compressor pack is also available.
- "TinyMCE:Compatibility — Moxiecode Documentation Wiki". Wiki.moxiecode.com. 2012-03-30. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "TinyMCE:API — Moxiecode Documentation Wiki". Wiki.moxiecode.com. 2010-01-14. Retrieved 2010-02-23.
- "TinyMCE:Plugins — Moxiecode Documentation Wiki". Wiki.moxiecode.com. 2010-02-04. Retrieved 2010-02-23.
- "TinyMCE Forum / No support forum?". Tinymce.moxiecode.com. Retrieved 2010-02-23.
- "TinyMCE GZip Compressor Ruby on Rails Plugin : powered by Doodlekit". Garbage Burrito. Retrieved 2010-02-23.
- Official website
- TinyMCE official forum
- TinyMCE official documentation web site
- Sourceforge project site
- Comparison table - open source and commercial WYSIWYG web-based editors
- 2006, 2007 WYSIWYG web-based editor evaluation