Tiny Island Productions
|Industry||Animated films and|
|Key people||David Kwok, CEO
Sharon Tan, Business Development Director
|Products||Theatrical animated feature films
Television animated series
Tiny Island Productions (a.k.aTiny Island Productions Pte Ltd) is a CG animation production company based in Singapore. It specializes in both normal CG and stereoscopic 3D productions. It was the animation studio for the Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens CG movie which won the Best 3D Animated Program category at the Asian Television Awards 2012 as well as the award-winning Dream Defenders television series.
Tiny Island Productions was founded in 2002 by David Kwok, an animation veteran of 14 years, and has a company strength of 120 staff.
In 2009, it worked on co-development and production on the Shelldon animated TV series. In 2012, the studio produced Cartoon Network's Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens for both regular and 3D screens. The movie would be the first time the Ben 10 universe would be interpreted in full CG. The film was nominated for the Best 3D Animated Program award at the Asian Television Awards 2012, which it won.
The production house also created Singapore's first 3D Stereoscopic animated series Dream Defenders Adventures, which debuted on 3net in 2011, and was the 3D channel's first stereoscopic-3D cg animated Series
Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens won the Best 3D Animated Program category at the Asian Television Awards 2012 as well as the Gold Award for Best Movie Campaign in the 2012 ProMax Awards. The award demonstrated the high level of animation talent on show in Asia and the talent available here, commented Sunny Saha from Turner International.
In 2013, the company began production on G-Fighters, a new CGI action-adventure superhero television series. This is a co-production between South Korean animation production house Electric Circus and Tiny Island Productions, and is the first international co-production between Korea and Singapore animation companies. The animated TV series is supported by SBA, Korea Creative Content Agency (KOCCA), Educational Broadcasting System (EBS), SK Broadband and CJ E&M Pictures.
- . Singapore Media Fusion 2009. 2009 pg 15 http://www.smf.sg/MadebySingapore/Documents/Cluster%20PDF/Animation_2009.pdf pg 15. Retrieved November 29, 2012. Missing or empty
- "Nomination List for 2012 - Asian Television Awards". Asian Television Awards. Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- "Asian Television Awards 2012". Asian Television Awards. Retrieved December 7, 2012.
- Lim, Tania (October 2012). "Tiny Island Productions creates Singapore's First Stereoscopic Animated Series for the US, and World's TV Screens". MediaExchangeMagazine Issue 14. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- Valecha, Amrita (22 June 2009). "'Shelldon' Intl deliveries slated for July". Animation Xpress Asia Pacific. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- Zahed, Ramin. "Singapore's Tiny Island Works On Ben10 Movie". AnimationMagazine. Retrieved November 23, 2012.
- Tan, Qiuyi. "S'pore animation studio produces new Ben 10 movie". Channel Newsasia. Retrieved November 27, 2012.
- Sarto, Dan (March 5, 2012). "Ben 10 Destroy All Aliens Movie to Premiere on Cartoon Network in March". Animation World Network. Retrieved November 27, 2012.
- "Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens". Cartoon Network. Retrieved November 27, 2012.
- Arrant, Chris (April 28, 2011). "3net Picks Up Tiny Island's 3D series "Dream Defenders" For U.S. Broadcasting". CartoonBrew.com. Retrieved November 27, 2012.
- "3net -- the 24/7 3D Network from Sony, Discovery and IMAX -- to Acquire Children's Series DREAM DEFENDERS". Discovery Channel. Retrieved November 27, 2012.
- "ProMaxBDA Asia Awards 2012". Promax Awards. Retrieved December 9, 2012.
- Ben 10 sweeps aside competition in Asia http://www.casbaa.com/media-and-resources/news-center/casbaa-news/4487-ben-10-sweeps-aside-competition-in-asia-
- "Apollo Awards 2013 Winners List". Asian Image Apollo Awards 2013. Retrieved April 6, 2014.
- McLean, Thomas J (October 2012). "Shellhut, Tiny Island to make 3D Shelldon Movie". AnimationMagazine. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- Wolfe, Jennifer (July 30, 2013). "Electric Circus and Tiny Island Co-Produce 'G-Fighters'". Animation World Network. awn.com. Retrieved April 6, 2014.