Tipton Township, Cass County, Indiana
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Farmland in Tipton Township
Location of Tipton Township in Cass County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||40.77 sq mi (105.58 km2)|
|• Land||40.62 sq mi (105.22 km2)|
|• Water||0.14 sq mi (0.36 km2)|
|Elevation||755 ft (230 m)|
|• Density||61/sq mi (24/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453899|
Tipton Township covers an area of 40.77 square miles (105.6 km2); 0.14 square miles (0.36 km2) (0.34 percent) of this is water.
Cities and towns
- Miami (north)
- Peru Township, Miami County (northeast)
- Pipe Creek Township, Miami County (east)
- Deer Creek Township, Miami County (southeast)
- Jackson (south)
- Deer Creek (southwest)
- Washington (west)
The township contains five cemeteries: Bowyer, Little Deer Creek, Shaff, Venard and Walton.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Tipton township, Cass County, Indiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 15, 2013.
- Powell, Jehu Z. (1913). History of Cass County Indiana: From Its Earliest Settlement to the Present Time. Lewis Publishing Company. p. 678.
- Helm, Thomas B. (1878). History of Cass County, Indiana. Kingman Bros. p. 42.