Tirfi Tsegaye Beyene (born 25 November 1984) is an Ethiopian long-distance runner who competes in marathon races. She has won the Paris Marathon (in a course record), the Tokyo Marathon (also in course-record time), and the Dubai Marathon. Her personal best of 2:21:19 hours came as runner-up at the Berlin Marathon.
Born in Bekoji in Ethiopia's Oromia Region, she comes from a town renowned for producing world class runners such as Kenenisa Bekele and Tirunesh Dibaba. In one of her first major races, Tirfi won the Porto Marathon in 2008 with a time of 2:35:31 hours. She improved her best to 2:29:04 hours with a runner-up finish at the 2009 Turin Marathon and then bettered that with a run of 2:28:16 hours for second at the Shanghai Marathon. She also made her debut over the half marathon at the 2009 IAAF World Half Marathon Championships, where her run of 1:09:24 brought her sixth place and a team silver medal with Ethiopia.
Tirfi was runner-up to Atsede Baysa at the 2010 Paris Half Marathon, then finished behind her again at the Paris Marathon a month later, although Tirfi's time of 2:24:51 hours for third place was a significant personal best. She again made the podium at the Toronto Waterfront Marathon, setting another best of 2:22:44 hours and finishing second behind Sharon Cherop. She was also runner-up at the Shanghai Marathon for the second year running, beaten to the title by Nailiya Yulamanova.
She was invited to compete at the 2011 Boston Marathon and she finished in eleventh in the high profile race. She came fifth at that year's Lille Half Marathon then was three seconds behind Shanghai Marathon winner Haile Lema Kebebush in December with her time of 2:24:11 hours (her third straight second place finish at the race). At the Roma-Ostia Half Marathon in February 2012 she ran a personal best of 1:07:42 hours for third place. She was the pre-race favourite for the Paris Marathon and delivered on the status by winning the race in a course record and personal best time of 2:21:39 hours, over three minutes ahead of runner-up Sultan Haydar. Running alongside her training partner, Aberu Kebede, she was runner-up at the 2012 Berlin Marathon with a personal best time of 2:21:19 hours.
In January 2013, she won the Dubai Marathon despite the heavy fog during the race, with a time of 2:23:23, 16 seconds ahead of runner-up Ehitu Kiros.  She performed less well in her second race of the year, coming seventh at the Frankfurt Marathon in 2:26:57 hours.
She won the 2014 Berlin Marathon, held on 28 September 2014, in a time of 2:20:18.
- Tirfi Tsegaye. Boston Marathon. Retrieved on 2012-04-22.
- Fernandes, Antonio Manuel (2008-10-28). Mugo takes Porto Marathon. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-03-22.
- April 2009 AIMS Results. AIMS. Retrieved on 2012-04-22.
- November 2009 AIMS Results. AIMS. Retrieved on 2012-04-22.
- 2009 IAAF World Half Marathon Championships results. IAAF (2009-10-11). Retrieved on 2009-10-11.
- March 2010 AIMS Results. AIMS. Retrieved on 2012-04-22.
- Vazel, Pierre-Jean (2010-04-11). 2:22:04 World lead for Baysa, Tola improves to 2:06:41 - Paris Marathon report. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-04-22.
- Gains, Paul (2010-09-26). Mungara and Cherop take Toronto Marathon titles as Canadian All-Comers records tumble. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-04-22.
- Marathon 2010. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-04-22.
- Marathon 2011. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-04-22.
- December 2011 AIMS Results. AIMS. Retrieved on 2012-04-22.
- Sampaolo, Diego (2012-02-26). Kiplagat sizzles sub-1:07 at Roma-Ostia Half. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-04-22.
- Vazel, Pierre-Jean (2012-04-15). Biwott 2:05 and Tsegaye 2:21 defy windy conditions to set race records at Paris Marathon. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-04-21.
- Butcher, Pat (2012-09-30). Close victory for Mutai but more straightforward for Kebede in Berlin - REPORT. IAAF. Retrieved on 2013-01-31.
- Butcher, Pat (2013-01-25). Debutant Desisa wins Dubai Marathon in 2:04:45, five men under 2:05. IAAF. Retrieved on 2013-01-25.
- Wenig, Jörg (2013-10-27). Kipruto and Kilel make it a Kenyan double at Frankfurt Marathon. IAAF. Retrieved on 2013-11-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tirfi Tsegaye.|