Tiruchirappalli – Tirunelveli Intercity Express
|Tiruchirappalli – Tirunelveli Intercity Express|
|Service type||Regional rail Express|
|Locale||Tiruchi & Tirunelveli (Tamil Nadu)|
|First service||July 14, 2012|
|Current operator(s)||Southern Railway zone|
|Distance travelled||317 km (197 mi)|
|Average journey time||5 Hours 45 Minutes|
|Class(es)||CC, 2S, SLR, SLRD and UR/GS|
|Seating arrangements||Open coach
|Observation facilities||Windows in all carriages|
|Baggage facilities||Overhead racks
One AC Chair car (CC)
Six Second seating (2S)
|Track gauge||1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Operating speed||56 kilometres per hour (35 mph)|
|Track owner(s)||Southern Railway zone|
This train was introduced during the 2012-2013 Railway Budget as a new daily train between Tiruchirappalli and Tirunelveli in Tamil Nadu, India. The train, numbered as 22627/22628, made its inaugural run on 14 July 2012. And it made its regular service since 15 July 2012.
The train has 15 bogies comprising One A/C Chair car (CC), Six Second seating (2S), Six Unreserved coaches (UR/GS), One Luggage rake (SLR), Four General compartments (Unreserved), One Luggage rake (SLR) and One second class coach for disabled passengers (SLRD).[a]
The train numbered 22627 leaves Tiruchirappalli Junction at 07:15 hours and arrives Tirunelveli Junction at 13:00 hours. On the return direction, the train numbered as 22628 leaves Tirunelveli Junction at 14:15 hours and reaches Tiruchirappalli Junction at 20:00 hours.[b] The stoppages for the train are Dindigul Jn, Madurai Jn, Virudhunagar Jn, Satur, Kovilpatti and Vanchimaniyachi Jn.
- The coach composition is subject to change.
- The timings are in Indian Standard Time.
- "Passenger Train Time Table - 2013". Indian Railways. Southern Railway zone. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "List of New Trains Announced in the Railway Budget 2012-13". Government of India. Press Information Bureau. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "Railway Budget 2012-13: List of new trains proposed". The Times of India. 14 March 2012. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "Trichy-Tirunelveli intercity express flagged off". The Times of India (Madurai). 15 July 2012. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "Warm reception accorded to Tiruchi, Tirunelveli Intercity Express". The Hindu (Tirunelveli). 15 July 2012. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "Tiruchi–Tirunelveli express from today". The Hindu (Tiruchi). 14 July 2012. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "Train Time Table for TPJ-TEN-TPJ" (PDF). Indian Railways. Southern Railway zone. pp. 87, 90. Retrieved 27 February 2014.