|IATA: TIR – ICAO: VOTP|
|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Elevation AMSL||350 ft / 107 m|
|Statistics (Apr '13 - Mar '14)|
Tirupati Airport, (IATA: TIR, ICAO: VOTP) also known as Renigunta Airport, is located at Renigunta in Chittoor district in the state of Andhra Pradesh, India. The airport is 14 km from Tirupati city. The government in January 2012 announced that by February 2013, night landing facilities would be installed at the airport and 400 acres of land would be acquired to upgrade it to international status. On 8 October 2008, the Government of India announced that it will upgrade Tirupati Airport providing wider choices of air travel.
Airlines and destinations
|Air Costa||Coimbatore(starts 29th march)Hyderabad, Vijayawada(ends 28th march), Visakhapatnam|
|Air India||Delhi, Hyderabad|
- "TRAFFIC STATISTICS - DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS" (jsp). Aai.aero. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "TRAFFIC STATISTICS - DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS" (html). Aai.aero. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "Tirupati airport to get international tag soon". The Times of India. 19 January 2012. Retrieved 19 January 2012.
- Tirupati airport to be upgraded as international airport. The Economic Times. October 8, 2008
- Airport information for VOTP at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
|This article about an airport in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|