|Town of Tisdale, Saskatchewan|
|Motto: Land of Rape and Honey|
|Provinces and territories of Canada||Saskatchewan|
|Rural Municipalities (R.M.)||Tisdale No. 427|
|Post office Founded||February 1, 1904|
|• Mayor||Al Jellicoe|
|• Federal Electoral District Prince Albert M.P.||Randy Hoback|
|• Provincial Constituency Constituency of Carrot River Valley M.L.A.||Fred Bradshaw|
Located at the junction of Highway 35 and Highway 3, and serviced by both the Canadian National Railway and the Canadian Pacific Railway, Tisdale is the grain handling centre of the region with five inland grain terminals, and is the centre of local industry.
The intersection of Highways 3 and 35 has traffic volumes of 11,200 vehicles per day and is the location of the largest 7-Eleven in Canada (by floor space) and the 16 foot roadside statue of "The World's Largest Honey Bee" (the Giant Bee in Falher, Alberta is actually bigger at 22 feet 8 inches).
The post office of Tisdale, provisional district of Saskatchewan, North West Territories was created February 1, 1904. The community was originally known as "Doghide" after the Doghide River that flows through the town, but with the arrival of the railway the community was renamed "Tisdale" in honour of F.W. Tisdale, an employee of the CN Railway.
Western Canada’s biggest gun shoot out took place just east of Tisdale in 1920. The historic gunfight involved a posse of Provincial Police and four outlaws
In 2005, Tisdale celebrated its 100th birthday with a homecoming celebration in conjunction with Saskatchewan's centennial. The town also underwent beautification projects, including the construction of a new town square.
Tisdale is known as the "Land of Rape and Honey" due to its significance in both rapeseed and producing honey. Tisdale is also known as the Honey Capital of Saskatchewan. One third of farmland in the Northeast is cropped into canola and 10% of the honey produced in Canada comes from this area. Traditionally the area produces about 9 million pounds ($7.2 million) in honey. Due to the possible alternate meaning, industrial metal band Ministry named their 1988 album The Land of Rape and Honey after seeing the motto on a Tisdale souvenir mug.
- The world's second largest (only to that of Falher, Alberta's) honey bee statue (7 feet (2.1 metres) in height, sixteen feet long, four feet wide, and weighing two tonnes) is located as a roadside attraction in Tisdale.
- Falkon Theatre has operated since 1935.
- Tisdale Stock Car Club hosts the Silvertown Speedway race track.
- Shady Vale Retreat has a prayer labyrinth for those who stay and wish to meditate.
- The Tisdale & District Museum is located in Henry Hamilton Park.
5 major parks are located within the town. Some regional and provincial parks near Tisdale are:
- Kipabiskau Regional Park is located in the Barrier Valley nearby.
- Greenwater Lake Provincial Park is the largest neighbouring park.
- Wapiti Valley Regional Park is located nearby on Codette Lake.
- Wapiti Valley is a skiing venue for winter sports enthusiasts.
- Doghide River Trail is a scenic nature trail located on the Doghide River.
The Tisdale Skating Club is very successful and has turned out many national and provincial skaters over the past years. They also hosted the 2006 Starskate Provincial Championships.
Tisdale has twelve churches, two schools, and the Cumberland Regional College.
Tisdale Airport has a paved runway 14/32 with ARCAL (Aircraft Radio Control of Aerodrome Lighting), two grass runways, 17/35 and 08/26, a terminal building, and several hangars.
Tisdale RecPlex 
Tisdale RecPlex (Tisdale's Recreational Centre) is a large 100,000 square foot joint-use complex that includes the following:
- Cumberland Regional College,
- Tisdale Middle and Secondary School.
- The Wapiti Regional Library and the school library
- a daycare
- a state of the art artificial ice arena and a 6 lane curling rink
- The John Baron Auditorium
- The Maurice Taylor Performing Arts Theatre.
An outdoor pool, outdoor ice rink, trails and playing fields are located on the grounds surrounding the complex.
Famous Tisdalers 
See also 
- "Post Offices and Postmasters". Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- "Municipal Directory System". Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- "Town of Tisdale website". Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- "2011 Community Profiles". Canada 2011 Census. Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. 2009-02-24. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. 2007-02-01.
- Exclaim! Canada's Music Authority
- LARGE CANADIAN ROADSIDE ATTRACTIONS, World's Largest Honey Bee, retrieved 2007-05-27
- BIG THINGS IN SASKATCHEWAN, Town of Tisdale, Saskatchewan, retrieved 2007-05-27
- "Tisdale Stock Car Club". Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- "Tisdale & District Museum". Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- Town of Tisdale
- "Tisdale Hospital". Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- "Tisdale RecPlex". Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- "Cumberland Regional College". Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- "Tisdale Middle and Secondary School". Retrieved 2013-02-07.
|Valparaiso-Star City, Melfort||Eldersley, Crooked River, Mistatim, Hudson Bay|