||This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2007)|
|— Comune —|
Comune di Tesimo
|Province||South Tyrol (BZ)|
|Frazioni||Gfrill (Caprile), Grissian (Grissiano), Naraun (Narano), Platzers (Plazzoles), Prissian (Prissiano), Schernag|
|• Mayor||Urban Mair|
|• Total||38.1 km2 (14.7 sq mi)|
|Elevation||635 m (2,083 ft)|
|Population (Nov. 2010)|
|• Density||48/km2 ( 130/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
As of November 30, 2010, it had a population of 1,845 and an area of 38.1 km².
The municipality of Tisens contains the frazioni (subdivisions, mainly villages and hamlets) Gfrill (Caprile), Grissian (Grissiano), Naraun (Narano), Platzers (Plazzoles), Prissian (Prissiano), and Schernag.
The shield is quartering of argent and gules; in the first and fourth part is a rose gules, in the second and third a sable erect bear. It is the coat of Family Frank who managed the village from 1551 until 1743. The emblem was granted in 1966.
Linguistic distribution 
Demographic evolution 
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- Heraldry of the World: Tisens
- "Volkszählung 2011/Censimento della popolazione 2011". astat info (Provincial Statistics Institute of the Autonomous Province of South Tyrol) (38): 6–7. June 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- (German) (Italian) Homepage of the municipality
- (German) (Italian) Tourist Information Tisens Prissian
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Tisens|