|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2007)|
Comune di Tesimo
|Province||South Tyrol (BZ)|
|Frazioni||Gfrill (Caprile), Grissian (Grissiano), Naraun (Narano), Platzers (Plazzoles), Prissian (Prissiano), Schernag|
|• Mayor||Christoph Matscher|
|• Total||38.1 km2 (14.7 sq mi)|
|Elevation||635 m (2,083 ft)|
|Population (Nov. 2010)|
|• Density||48/km2 (130/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
The commune is home to Castle Katzenzungen which harbors a 350+ year old vine of the Italian wine grape variety Versoaln that is considered one of the world's oldest and largest single grapevines in existence.
As of November 30, 2010, it had a population of 1,845 and an area of 38.1 km².
The municipality of Tisens contains the frazioni (subdivisions, mainly villages and hamlets) Gfrill (Caprile), Grissian (Grissiano), Naraun (Narano), Platzers (Plazzoles), Prissian (Prissiano), and Schernag.
The shield is quartering of argent and gules; in the first and fourth part is a rose gules, in the second and third a sable erect bear. It is the coat of Family Frank who managed the village from 1551 until 1743. The emblem was granted in 1966.
- J. Robinson, J. Harding and J. Vouillamoz Wine Grapes - A complete guide to 1,368 vine varieties, including their origins and flavours pg 1133 Allen Lane 2012 ISBN 0062206362
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- Heraldry of the World: Tisens
- "Volkszählung 2011/Censimento della popolazione 2011". astat info (Provincial Statistics Institute of the Autonomous Province of South Tyrol) (38): 6–7. June 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- (German) (Italian) Homepage of the municipality
- (German) (Italian) Tourist Information Tisens Prissian
Media related to Tisens at Wikimedia Commons