Coordinates: 35°31′24″N 35°48′28″E / 35.52333°N 35.80778°E
Tishreen University (Arabic: جامعة تشرين), is a public university located in Latakia, Syria. It is the third largest university in Syria. Established on May 20, 1971.
The university was founded under the name of the University of Latakia on May 20, 1971. The name was later changed in 1975 to honor the memory of Yom Kippur War (Tishreen War in Arabic).
Academic Staff 
The academic Staff of the University consists of:
- Faculty Members: 892.
- Higher Education Instructors: 24.
- Members of the Technical Staff: 133.
- Teaching Assistants: 598.
- Engineers: 420.
Administrative and Laboratory Staff 
- Laboratory Workers: 240.
- Administrative Employees: 1119.
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities: Opened in 1971.
- Faculty of Agriculture: Opened in 1971.
- Faculty of Science: Opened in 1971.
- Faculty of Civil Engineering: 1972.
- Faculty of Medicine: Opened in 1974.
- Faculty of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering: Opened in 1980.
- Faculty of Dentistry: Opened in 1983.
- Faculty of Architecture: 1984.
- Faculty of Economics: Opened in 1986.
- Faculty of Pharmacy: Opened in 1990.
- Faculty of Nursing: Opened in 1994.
- Faculty of Physical Education: 1995.
- Faculty of Education: Opened in 1997.
- Faculty of Informatics: Opened in 2000.
- Faculty of Information and communication technology engineering: opened in 2008.
Intermediate Institutes and Vocational Schools 
- Intermediate Institute of Agriculture: Opened in 1974.
- Intermediate Institute of Engineering: Opened in 1979.
- Intermediate Institute of Medicine: Opened in 1979.
- Intermediate Institute of Commerce: Opened in 1980.
- Intermediate Institute of Administration Skills: Opened in 1995.
- Intermediate Institute of Computer Engineering: Opened in 1998.
- Nursing School: Opened in 1980.
External links