Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society
|Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society|
|President||Stephen Badylak (University of Pittsburgh)|
Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society is an international learned society. Its goal is the worldwide advancement of both the science and technology of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine.
History and structure 
TERMIS was established by merging some existing societies having the same purpose: TESI (Tissue Engineering Society International), ETES (European Tissue Engineering Society) and other Asiatic organizations.
The society is organised in three continental chapters: Asia-Pacifico, Europe and North America. The incorporation of thematic groups into the general structure of TERMIS is a recommendation of the society. These thematic groups include: Developmental biology; Scaffolds and matrix biomaterials; Bioprinting, Biofabrication, Bioreactors, Bioprocessing; Inflammation and immunity; Imaging; Cell sourcing and manipulation; Pre-clinical protocols; Clinical trials; and Infrastructure - regulatory, health economics, ethics.
The mission of TERMIS is accomplished through regular meetings, publications and other forms of communication.
- World congress: Every three years.
- Continental chapters meetings: In the imterim years.
- Asia Pacific (TERMIS-AP): 2013 (China); 2011 (Singapore); 2010 (Sydney, Australia); 2008 (Taipei, Taiwan); 2007 (Tokyo, Japan).
- Europe (TERMIS-EU): 2014 (Genoa, Italy); 2013 (Istambul, Turkey); 2011 (Granada, Spain); 2010 (Galway, Ireland); 2008 (Porto, Portugal); 2007 (London, UK); 2006 (Rotterdam, Netherlands)
- North America (TERMIS-NA): 2013 (Atlanta, Georgia); 2011 (Houston, Texas); 2010 (Orlando, Florida); 2008 (San Diego, California); 2007 (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
TERMIS publishs quarterly a newsletter, interLink, for its members to keep them abreast of developments in the field. Tissue Engineering is the official journal of the society and it is published by Mary Ann Liebert, Inc.
- Stephen Badylak, 2010-2011
- Jöns Hilborn, 2008-2009
- Alan J. Russell, 2005-2007
See also 
- TERMIS By-Laws
- http://books.google.es/books?id=H44TTI5KE7MC&pg=PA8 Advances in tissue engineering. Editors: Julia M. Polak, Sakis Mantalaris, Sian E. Harding. Imperial College Press, 2008. ISBN 1-84816-182-4. Page 8
- Thematic groups. TERMIS.