Logo used prior to the late 2013 rebrand.
|Key people||Vikram Kapur (Chairman)
Bhaskar Bhat (MD)
|Products||Watches and accessories, jewellery, precision engineering, Diamonds, Bags and Eyewear|
|Revenue||102.24 billion (US$1.7 billion) (2013)|
|Net income||7.25 billion (US$120 million) (2013)|
|Employees||6,850 (2014) |
Titan Company Ltd. (formerly Titan Industries Ltd.) is an Indian designer and manufacturer of watches, jewellery, precision engineering components and other accessories including sunglasses, wallets, bags and belts. It is a joint venture between the Tata Group, and the Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation. Titan is the world's fifth largest wrist watch manufacturer and exports watches to nearly 32 countries around the world. Some of the well known brands of Titan include Fastrack, Sonata, Raga, Edge, Octane, Xylys, Titan Eye+ and Tanishq, Goldplus, Zoya.
Titan was established in the year 1984, becoming the third Indian watch manufacturer after HMT and Allwyn. Titan formed a joint venture with Timex Group, which lasted until 1998, to set up a distribution network across India. Titan is the 5th largest Watch Manufacturer Company in World.
TITAN has now become Titan Company Ltd. The company operates in four areas - Watches, Jewellery, Eyewear and Precision Engineering.
As of, Titan watches account for more than 60% share of the total Indian market and are also sold in about 32 countries through marketing subsidiaries based in London, Aden, Dubai and Singapore. Titan offers various brands including Steel, Regalia, Raga, Nebula, Sonata, Fastrack, Zoop, Orion, Purple, Obaku, Automatic, Tycoon, Bandhan, Octane and the HTSE series. Titan has claimed to have manufactured the world's slimmest wrist watch branded as Titan Edge with a total thickness of 3.5 mm and a movement of 1.15 mm.
In July 2011, Titan launched the HTSE (High Tech Self Energized) collection of watches which run on light. According to Titan, these watches can be charged with as low as 200 lux of light, which makes them chargeable with light even from a candle. On 16 November 2011, Titan Industries acquired Swiss watch maker Favre-Leuba for Euro 2 million.
Precision Engineering Division of Titan was started in 2002 to manufacture precision parts for automotive and aerospace Industries. The product range includes pointers, dashboard clusters like fuel gauge, temperature gauge, gear shift indicators, clocks, injection molded plastic parts, electromechanical assemblies for automobiles and press tool, molds, jigs, fixtures for other industries.
Tanishq is the jewellery brand from the Titan stable and one of the pioneers of branded jewellery and ornaments in India. The name Tanishq has been derived from "Ta" (the first two letters of Tata) and "Nishk or Nishkh" (meaning gold coin or necklace in Sanskrit). Tanishq is one of India's largest brands in India. Zoya, Titan's latest jewellery brand, has joined Tanishq as one of the fastest growing jewellery brands in the country.
In March 2007, Titan entered the prescription eyewear segment under the brand name Titan Eye+. Titan also produces sun glasses, bags, belts and others under the fastrack brand name.
After 25 years, Titan Industries Ltd. changed its name to Titan Company Ltd. in August 2013 to more closely reflect the range of lifestyle products the company sells and plans to sell. It also unveiled a new logo at this time. Titan company limited
- "Company Profile". Tata Group.
- "Titan Company Ltd, TITAN:NSI financials - FT.com". markets.ft.com. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- "Titan unveils new logo, changes name". Mint. 28 August 2013. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- . Tata Sons Ltd http://www.tata.in/company/profileinside/Titan-Company. Retrieved 14 March 2014. Missing or empty
- "Titan launches Edge, the slimmest watch in the universe" (Press release). Titan Industries. 21 May 2002. Retrieved 4 August 2006.
- Tata.com. "Tata group | Titan Industries | Media releases | Titan Industries' new technological marvel — HTSE". tata.com. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- "Titan acquires Favre Leuba". 16 November 2011. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- WIPO, Arbitration and Mediation Center. "Titan Industries Limited v. Tanishq Corporation". CaseNo. D2000-1793. Retrieved 26 September 2006.
- Titan Homepage
- Xylys Homepage
- TIDCO Homepage
- Tata Tanishq official website
- TATA Goldplus official website
- Fastrack Products official website
- Titan Company Official Online E-Commerce Store