Titan the Robot
Titan the robot is the stage name of a costume created by Cyberstein Robots Ltd. in 2004, A plastic costume worn by a man, not a powered exoskeleton, the robot is approximately 2.4 m (7.9 ft) tall and 60 kg (9.4 st) and increases to 350 kg (55 st) including the cart it rides on and onboard equipment. The face resembles a skull, and some have even compared it to a Transformer. It was designed by Nik Fielding, who runs Cyberstein from Newquay, Cornwall, England. Titan has performed at a variety of public and private events, from the Commonwealth Games and Alton Towers to bar Mitzvahs and shopping centres. Titan has appeared on Channel 4 and the BBC's Children in Need.
- 1 Recent or notable performances
- 2 External links
- 3 References
Recent or notable performances
Live At Clacton Air Show 21st August 2014
Two shows at 11.00am & 12.00am The Shows were conducted outside along the seafront.
Live at The N1 Centre Islington
On August 21st 2014 Titan will be performing at the N1 Centre in Islington. Titan is back at the N1 Centre after the success of his first appearance last year where he performed his unique blend of comedy, street theatre and music.
Live on stage with Rihanna, 2010
- On 9 March 2010 two versions of Titan performed with the international pop star, Rihanna, at the ECHO Awards in Berlin, Germany.
- On 27 March 2010, Titan also performed to a worldwide audience again with Rihanna, at the 2010 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards.
The Gadget Show
- From 7–11 April 2010, Titan was used for comedy purposes during the annual "The Gadget Show Live Super Theatre" shows at the NEC in Birmingham.
- In 2011, Cyberstein have confirmed on Facebook page that Titan will be used in an episode of the The Gadget Show 11th series. In photos it is believed that it is in a sketch with Suzi Perry and Jason Bradbury
- On 15–17 April, Titan was also used at The Gadget Show live as a feature in the super theater. There were also two other titan robots that looked like the original. These were believed to be called Titan 2 and Titan 3.
Titan the robot appeared on the 11th series of Big Brother in the UK as part of a task.
Butlins (to present)
- Titan appears at all Butlins resorts in the UK. Titan arrives being carried on a mini mobility scooter and then puts on a performance in the magic circle after Dave turns him on. Titan punched a man in the face after the man confronted it. 
Titan appeared on 30 September on Daybreak's "Cool before School" feature. On 22 December it appeared again, playing a recording of "How much is that doggy in the window".
Titan joined a 40-day tour with JLS on 2 December 2010, appearing on stage to the track "Superhero".
Natholdet, Danish TV2
While in Denmark for the BEEP gadget expo, on 10 November 2011, Titan visited the Danish late night talk show, Natholdet, where it was to pick the winner of a drawing contest. However, Titan struggled with taking its hand down in the bowl, as its hands were too big and was told to leave the stage after several attempts.
Germany's Next Topmodel
Titan appeared on German Television (Pro7) for the show "Germany's Next Topmodel" 2013.
- "Cyberstein and Titan". newsubstance-artists.co.uk. Archived from the original on 2006-06-24. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- "Wanted: replacement robot". The Times. 2007-02-15. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- "Cyberstein Robots Ltd. official site". Cyberstein. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- "TITAN the Robot makes his debut at the Brewery!". The Brewery, Cheltenham. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- "Video: Rihanna Makes Out with a Robot". Rap-Up. 2010-03-04M. Retrieved 2010-03-18.
- "Rihanna at Berlin Echo Awards". www.thesun.co.uk. March 6, 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-05.
- "Video: Titan the Robot punches drunk guy. Butlins Bognor 2010. WHY?". 2010-03-04M. Retrieved 2010-03-18.