Toad Data Modeler
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (June 2014)|
Toad Data Modeler is a database design tool allowing users to visually create, maintain and document new or existing database systems. It was previously called "CASE Studio 2" before it was acquired from Charonware by Quest Software in 2006.  Quest Software was acquired by Dell as of September 28, 2012.
Visual creation of Entity Relationship Diagrams
Toad Data Modeler allows users to draw logical, physical and universal entity relationship diagrams (ERD). This tool supports various database specific items and therefore it is necessary to select a target database system for a physical ERD.
Physical ERD can be created for:
- MS Access
- MS SQL Azure
- MS SQL Server
- Sybase ASE
- Sybase SQL Anywhere
SQL Code Generation
Complex SQL/DDL code can be generated automatically for all above mentioned database systems. It is possible to select types of objects for SQL code generation as well as define options how to generate the output.
Reverse engineering and database visualization
Existing databases can be reverse engineered and displayed in form of a diagram. For all supported database systems it is possible to select particular connection method - native connection, ODBC etc. In addition, ER Diagrams can be created from SQL files for Oracle, Microsoft SQL Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2 and MySQL databases.
Toad Data Modeler users can generate reports in HTML, RTF or PDF format. It is also possible to generate output based on XSL transformations - XML, TXT, CSV etc. Pictures of ER Diagrams can be generated for HTML reports only.
Models can be verified and list of errors, warnings and hints can be displayed as a result of model verification process.
- Synchronization of models with physically existing database (using Alter Script Generation and Model Merge features)
- Version Manager
- Version Control System - Apache Subversion for TDM 4, integrated with Projects to achieve the best possible cooperative functionality
- Creation and maintenance of tasks related to a model or particular part of a model using To-Do list feature.
- Customization, including customization of forms
- Gallery of objects, which can be shared
- Refactoring Utility
- Support for unicode
- Integration with Toad for Oracle