Tobias Fornier is a fourth class municipality in the province of Antique, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 30,669 people.
Tobias Fornier is politically subdivided into 50 barangays.
- Barasanan A
- Barasanan B
- Barasanan C
- Gamad (Igdamacio)
- Igcasicad (San Pedro)
- Manaling (Cata-an)
- Poblacion Norte
- Poblacion Sur
- Opsan (San Jose)
- Nasuli-A (San Ramon)
- Salamague (Santa Maria)
- Sto. Tomas (Nasuli-B)
The municipality was formerly known as Dao until 1978 when it was given its current name. It is named after Tobias Fornier a Congressman in the Province of Antique.
In 1957, a barrio named Barasanan C was renamed to Ballescas. In the same year, barrio Taguimtim was renamed to Pacienca.
|Population census of Tobias Fornier
|Source: National Statistics Office
- ^ "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- ^ a b "Province: Antique". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- ^ a b c "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- ^ Batas Pambansa Blg. 10, The Legal Commune, retrieved 2012
- ^ History of Antique National School, retrieved 2012
- ^ "R.A. No. 1658, An Act Changing the Name of the Barrio of Barasanan (C) in the Municipality of Dao, Province of Antique, to Ballescas". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- ^ "R.A. No. 2043, An Act Changing the Name of the Barrio of Taguimtim, Municipality of Dao, Province of Antique, to Paciencia". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-13.