|Type||Limited liability company|
|Industry||Hardware and software development|
|Key people||Arne Almerfors (Chairman)
John Elvesjö (vice President and CTO)
Henrik Eskilsson (CEO)
Eye tracking products for research and market analysis.
Eye tracking components for industrial integration.
|Subsidiaries||Tobii Technology Inc
Tobii Technology GmbH
Tobii Technology Norge
Tobii Technology Ltd
Tobii Electronics Technology Suzhou Co,. Ltd
Tobii Technology is a Swedish high-technology company that develops and sells products for eye control and eye tracking.
John Elvesjo, Mårten Skogö and Henrik Eskilsson founded the company in 2001. All three founders play an active role in the company: Henrik Eskilsson is the CEO, John Elvesjö is vice president and CTO, and Mårten Skogö is Chief Science Officer.
In the spring of 2007, the company got $14 million in venture capital from Investor Growth Capital. In May 2009, Investor, Amadeus Capital Partners and Northzone Ventures invested an additional $16 million. and at the start of 2012, Intel Capital invested $21 million.
In 2008, Tobii won the Grand Award of Design for its eye-controlled screens. In 2010, Tobii won the SIME Grand Prize for having the most innovative technology concept. In 2011, Tobii Glasses won the red dot design award, an international product design competition and later the same year, Tobii won the Bully Award. In 2012, Tobii took home the award for best prototype at the consumer technology tradeshow 2012 CES and Laptop Magazine named Tobii the winner in its best new technology category.
Tobii has products in several market segments: People with communication disabilities use Tobii’s technical devices and language tools (AAC devices) to communicate. Tobii also has products that are widely used for research in the academic community, and to conduct usability studies and market surveys of commercial products. Tobii also partners with others to integrate eye tracking and eye control in different industry applications and fields such as advanced driver assistance, consumer computing and gaming. In 2011, the world’s first eye controlled arcade game. was unveiled at Dave & Buster’s in New York. Tobii Gaze was demonstrated on a Windows 8 computer, an interface that makes it possible for users to use their eyes to point and interact with a standard computer, at the consumer technology tradeshow CES in January 2012.
- Tobii in brief
- Tobii Technology raises $14,000,000.
- Tobii Technology raises $16M funding.
- Intel invest in Tobii eye tracker.
- Intel leads 21 million investment in Tobii's eye tracking system.
- Tobii brings Sono Flex to android, helps special needs students.
- ETTAC to demonstrate latest technology.
- Tobii keeps an eye on distracted drivers.
- Here Comes the Next Generation of Eye-Tracking.
- Death of the mouse: How eye-tracking technology could save the PC.
- Shoot Asteroids with your Eyes in 3D.
- I just controlled Windows 8 with my eyes and it made me believe in technology again
- The best demo we saw at CES 2012: Tobii's eye tracking
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tobii Technology.|