|Full name||José Verdú Nicolás|
|Date of birth||1 January 1983|
|Place of birth||Santomera, Spain|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Deportivo La Coruña|
|2004–2005||→ Numancia (loan)||5||(0)|
|2005–2006||→ Hércules (loan)||25||(3)|
|2006–2007||→ Valladolid (loan)||15||(4)|
|2014–||Deportivo La Coruña||12||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 June 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Toché came up through the ranks of Atlético Madrid, making his first-team debut during the 2003–04 season, in a 0–0 home draw against Deportivo de La Coruña. The following campaign he was loaned to CD Numancia, where he appeared in only five games as the side from Soria was eventually relegated from La Liga, although he was seriously injured in the process.
Toché spent the following seasons on loan at Hércules CF and Real Valladolid (both in the second division), returning to Numancia for 2007–08 and appearing sporadically in the team's successful promotion campaign.
On 30 December 2008, after having taken almost no part in the top division campaign, Toché left Numancia for second level team Albacete Balompié, signing a contract for the rest of the season and the next one.
On 28 August 2009, however, he moved teams again, joining promoted FC Cartagena. He had a breakthrough year in 2009–10, as the Murcian side nearly achieved a second consecutive promotion, only missing two league matches – 3,317 minutes of action – and ranking in the Pichichi Trophy's top three.
On 19 July 2011, after scoring a further 16 league goals with Cartagena, Toché signed a three-year contract with Panathinaikos F.C. in Greece. He netted on his official debut for the team, making it 2–1 in an eventual 3–4 home loss against Odense Boldklub for the third qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League (4–5 aggregate loss).
- Numancia lose Toché; UEFA.com, 30 August 2004
- "Toché es el elegido para reforzar la delantera del Alba" [Toché is chosen to bolster Alba offense] (in Spanish). Marca. 30 December 2008. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- "El Cartagena ficha al delantero Toché" [Cartagena signs forward Toché] (in Spanish). Marca. 28 August 2009. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- "Toché está a un gol de entrar en la historia del Cartagena" [Toché is one goal away from entering Cartagena history] (in Spanish). Marca. 9 November 2010. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- "Toché ha anotado 33 de los 100 goles del Cartagena en Segunda" [Toché has scored 33 of Cartagena's 100 goles in Segunda] (in Spanish). La Verdad. 25 April 2011. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- "Toché, el gol que llegó tarde" [Toché, the goal that arrived late] (in Spanish). Vavel. 30 August 2013. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- "Announcement". Panathinaikos' official website. 19 July 2011. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- Four-goal OB put paid to Panathinaikos; UEFA.com, 2 August 2011