March 26, 1964 |
The Bronx, New York
Life and career
Barry was born in The Bronx, New York, and grew up in Florida. In 1999, his Comedy Central Presents aired. He wrote, directed and starred in the short film Borrowing Saffron (2002), which co-starred H. Jon Benjamin. He has made a variety of guest appearances on shows like Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist, Home Movies, Wonder Showzen, Tom Goes to the Mayor, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force. He also voices a recurring character on Squidbillies. In 2004 Todd Barry was featured in an animated series called Shorties Watchin' Shorties.
In 2008, he played Wayne in Darren Aronofsky's The Wrestler.
Over the course of six years he made 16 appearances on Dr. Katz, appearing as himself in the first two appearances. He then played the recurring character "Todd the video store clerk" and appeared in most episodes in the show's final year. He also played a character in the television pilot Saddle Rash along with Sarah Silverman, H. Jon Benjamin and Mitch Hedberg. In "The Third Conchord", the twelfth and final episode of the first season of Flight of the Conchords, Barry played Todd, a bongo playing megalomaniac, who tries to introduce the song, "Doggy Bounce," to the Conchords' repertoire, and a new band name: The Crazy Dogggz.
In 2010, Barry had a recurring role as a fictionalized version of himself in the second season of the live-action Adult Swim series Delocated. He also has a recurring role playing himself in FX's Louie.
- Medium Energy (2001)
- Falling off the Bone (2004)
- From Heaven (2008)
- Super Crazy (2012)
- Todd Barry: The Crowd Work Tour (2014)
- Who's the Caboose? (1997) - Football Player
- Tomorrow Night (1998) – Man Caught in Rain (Director: Louis CK, 1998 Sundance selection)
- Los Enchiladas! (1999) – Duane (Director: Mitch Hedberg, 1999 Sundance selection)
- Road Trip (2000) – Campus Security Guard 1
- Pootie Tang (2001) – Greasy
- Borrowing Saffron (2002) – George (Director: Todd Barry, Woodstock Film Festival selection)
- Beer League (2006) – Creepy Guy Down the Shore
- The Wrestler (2008) – Wayne
- Pete Smalls is Dead (2010) – Bob Withers
- Vamps (2012) – Ivan
- Wanderlust (2012) – Sherm
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Romulox (three episodes)
- Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist – Himself
- Bored to Death – Dale Woodley
- Flight of the Conchords – Todd
- Wonder Showzen – Barold T. Mosley
- Sesame Street – #7
- Lucky Louie – Todd
- Talkshow with Spike Feresten – Himself-guest
- Chappelle's Show – Paul
- The Larry Sanders Show – Keith
- Spin City – Doug
- Sex and the City – Ordinary Guy
- Contest Searchlight – himself
- Tough Crowd With Colin Quinn – regular panelist
- Tom Goes to the Mayor – Saul
- Space Ghost Coast to Coast – Himself-guest ("Eat a Peach" episode)
- Home Movies – Video Store Clerk
- Lucy, the Daughter of the Devil
- The Sarah Silverman Program – Nathan
- Louie – Fictional Version of Himself
- Delocated – Himself
- Bob's Burgers – Moo-Lissa
- Zinoman, Jason (March 21, 2012). How a Master of Stand-Up Sells the Joke. New York Times
- Todd Barry Bio Accessed June 21, 2011.
- Todd Barry Shortie's Accessed July 2, 2011.
- L. Ray, Austin. "Todd Barry Super Crazy album review". The Spit Take. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- Jeffries, David. "Super Crazy – Todd Barry". AllMusic. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Todd Barry – From Heaven – Comedy Central 2008". Pitchfork Media. June 8, 2008. Retrieved June 10, 2011.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Todd Barry|
- Official website
- NPR.org Interview
- Todd Barry at the Internet Movie Database
- Interview with Kittenpants.org
- Scene Missing Magazine Interviews Todd Barry
- .jesterjournal.com review of "From Heaven" CD