November 10, 1975 |
|Other names||Da Bratt, T. Diggz, Mortimer IchaTODD Marker, T.H.L.A.T, Devon Green|
Todd Bratrud is an illustrator and artist born in 1975 in Crookston, Minnesota, on the same day as the wreck of the S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald. He is the owner of Send Help skateboards, previously known as The High Five skateboards.  He is currently living in Grand Forks, North Dakota. He lived in Minneapolis, Minnesota until he moved to Santa Cruz, California in 1999 to become the art director of Consolidated Skateboards.  He has created hundreds of graphics for skateboards, stickers, advertisements and apparel for companies like Consolidated Skateboards, Flip Skateboards, Birdhouse Skateboards, Enjoi Skateboards, Black Label Skateboards, Creature Skateboards, Real Skateboards and Volcom. He is also an illustrator and blogger for The Skateboard Mag. Examples of his skateboard graphics can be found in the book Disposable, published by Ginkgo Press.
In spring 2008, Todd was a featured artist for Volcom. Volcom released a series of t-shirts, sweatshirts, socks, bikinis, hats, and iPod cases based on the 'Lizard Print' motif designed by Bratrud. Volcom also sponsored a series of international art openings to showcase this product line and promote a series of limited edition screenprints.
In Spring 2009, Todd designed the cover of Clout magazine as well as a limited edition T-shirt featuring the same illustration.
In Spring 2009 he designed a board for MayDay distribution's Artist series called Tetris Effect.
In Fall 2009, Todd also designed a series of shirts for Brooklyn's KCDC skate shop. It is rumored that Bratrud is the creator of the highly coveted and iconic Belle and Sebastian/Bad Brains mashup t-shirt, also sold at KCDC.
On April 20, 2010, Nike released the "Skunk Dunk, " designed by Bratrud.
On Dec. 9, 2010, Todd was voted the top skateboard artist "right now" by Complex magazine.
On April 20, 2011, NIke released the "Cheech and Chong" Dunk, designed by Bratrud.
In September 2011, Nike released "The Cigar" Dunk, designed by Bratrud.
In November 2011, "The Art of Todd Bratrud", a graphic collection of Todd Bratrud's artwork was released by Mark Batty Publishers.
In October 2013, Nike released the "Send Help 2" Dunk, designed by Bratrud. 
- "Todd Bratrud Talks About His New Board Brand - ESPN".
- "The High Five Skateboards is now known as Send Help".
- "interview at L.A. Record".
- "bio at Transworld Skateboarding".
- "Volcom Youth Against Establishment Video Interview".
- "interview at caught in the crossfire magazine".
- "Todd Bratrud at Upper Playground Gallery - SF Weekly".
- "Todd Bratrud at Enjoi Skateboards Art Show - Huck Magazine".
- "Todd Bratrud's top 10 least hated graphics at Mumble Magazine".
- "video interview at Magnus Randell's Inquisition".
- "Todd Bratrud Interview at The Citrus Report".
- "Skateboard Graphics in Disposable: The Book".
- "Todd Bratrud Send Help - Solepedia.com - Online Sneaker Encyclopedia".
- "Sick Barrel - Volcom Featured Artist Series - Todd Bratrud".
- "Todd Bratrud Volcom Featured Artist Bio".
- "Todd Bratrud Nike SB Dunk High - Hype Beast".
- "Todd Bratrud Clout Magazine Cover - High Snobriety".
- "Todd Bratrud Asparagus Dunks on Sneakerfiles".
- "Todd Bratrud Brain Wrecks on Hypebeast".
- "Todd Bratrud Interview at KCDC".
- "Belle and Brains T-Shirt on a random dude's blog".
- "Nike SB Dunk High Premium Skunk".
- "Complex Top Ten Skateboard Artists Right Now".
- "Nike SB Dunk High "Cheech & Chong" 4/20 by Todd Bratrud".
- "Todd Bratrud x SPoT x Nike SB Dunk High Premium The Cigar".
- "Required Reading: The Art of Todd Bratrud".
- "Todd Bratrud x NikeSB x Dunk High Send Help 2".