Richard Todd Davis is the founder of LifeLock, a personal fraud protection company. Davis is known for regularly giving out his Social Security number, 457-55-5462, in advertisements as a way of publicizing the LifeLock service.
A fraudster in Texas obtained a $500 loan using Davis's social security number, prompting some customers to file lawsuits alleging flaws in the LifeLock system and the way it is advertised. Additionally, in May 2010 the Phoenix New Times reported that Davis had been a victim of identity theft at least 13 times since 2007.
- The Charleston Gazette - News - ID theft protection firm sued
- Class Action Alleges Deceptive Marketing by Lifelock
- Fraud-prevention pitchman becomes ID theft victim - CNN.com
- Interview with Todd Davis, CEO of LifeLock
- LifeLock CEO said to be victim of identity theft 13 times (ComputerWorld, May 19, 2010)
- CEO Has Identity Stolen 13 Times, Raises Concern Over LifeLock's Legitimacy -- TMCnet, 5/19/10