List of Outsourced characters
These are characters from the American TV series Outsourced. Characters are only listed once, normally under the first applicable subsection in the list; very minor characters are listed under the minor character section. Characters that appear in only one episode are not listed.
- Ben Rappaport as Todd Dempsy, a Kansas City native who is transferred to India to run the call center for Mid American Novelties. He does not understand Indian culture as is constantly unintentionally offending workers. He was revealed to be a big fan of Kansas City Chiefs football. Eventually he becomes more aware of Indian culture. He is currently employed as executive manager.
- Rizwan Manji as Rajiv Gidwani, Todd's assistant manager at Mid American Novelties. He is hard-nosed and unapologetic and who aspires to be Todd's replacement (whether that happens due to either Todd's success or his downfall). When Todd is promoted to executive manager, he is promoted to manager. His intentions are not to be mean, but to only run the company professionally and business-like. It had been his lifelong dream to become a successful business manager so he can win the hand of Vimi, who he had loved since childhood. Once he became manager, he married Vimi, his fiancée.
- Sacha Dhawan as Manmeet, a call center employee for Mid American Novelties, who dreams of America and quickly becomes good friends with his boss, Todd Dempsy. He is known for being the "hip" one, who is fascinated by American culture. Manmeet is girl-crazy; he has had several "over the phone" relationships with American callers and flirts with almost every woman he meets. He seems more interested in American women than Indian women, stating in one episode that American women are not concerned with his father's occupation or where he went to school. This, along with his reluctance to ask one of Tonya's friends to dance at a Halloween party, indicates that Manmeet may actually have a bit of an inferiority complex.
- Rebecca Hazlewood as Asha, a call center employee for Mid American Novelties and love interest of Todd, who is frequently the voice of reason in the office and plans to pursue an arranged marriage. There may possibly be a relationship or love situation going on between Todd and Asha despite there already being one with Tonya. Just before the series finale Tonya breaks up with Todd because he still has feelings for Asha. In the last scene of the finale, Ashs tells Todd to fight for what he wants, and takes his hand as they look out over the nighttime ocean at Rajiv and Vimi's wedding, strongly implying that she wants him to fight for her because of her feelings for him as well.
- Parvesh Cheena as Gupta, a very talkative call center employee for Mid American Novelties, who constantly yearns to be the center of attention, his alter ego is "Aluk". After Todd inspired him to grab some independence from his parents, Gupta rents his own place in the apartment directly above Todd's.
- Anisha Nagarajan as Madhuri, a shy and soft-spoken call center employee for Mid American Novelties whose income alone supports her entire family. As time passes, Madhuri opens up, becoming one of the office gossips. Madhuri also has a beautiful singing voice, and the others convince her to enter a singing contest.
- Diedrich Bader as Charlie Davies, another American call center manager for the company All-American Hunter. For several episodes, Charlie nurses a crush on Tonya, but eventually has a short term relationship with Tonya's mother.
- Pippa Black as Tonya, an Australian call center manager for the company Koala Airlines who is easygoing with a sense of adventure; by mid-season, she and Todd are romantically involved until just before the end of the series.
Main recurring principal characters
These two were featured and then became breakout characters.
- Guru Singh as Ajeet, a tall, silent Sikh whose character was developed throughout the season. Shows displeasure at Todd's cultural gaffes throughout the series. Madhuri's love interest. He is a poet. He first speaks in the season finale episode and played a major role.
- Thushari Jayasekera as Pinky, a fun and hard working call center worker at Mid America Novelties, who is adventure seeking, ready to learn and whose character was developed in depth through the season. Does funny and awkward things. Ready to defend her fellow call center team as well as party with the big boss. Played a leading role in the season finale.
- A-Team, a group of higher authorities, rude, snobby, and taunting, they on the higher class scale of value in their company which happens to be located in the same building
- Jerry Stern (played by Matt Walsh), Todd's supervisor; he is often careless and somewhat of a jerk. After his wife left him he became a "party guy" for a moment then went back to professionalism, then promoted Todd to executive manager which put Rajiv at manager.
- Santosh, the maid at Todd's apartment,
- Vimi, (played by Sarayu Rao in Jolly Vindaloo day and Noureen DeWulf in the rest of the series), Vimi is Rajiv's wife, they married after Rajiv became manager.