Toddlers & Tiaras
|Toddlers & Tiaras|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||44|
|Running time||42 minutes
|Production company(s)||Authentic Entertainment|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original run||January 27, 2009– present|
|Related shows||Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
Toddlers & Tiaras is an American reality television series on TLC. The series debuted on January 27, 2009. The pilot for the series aired on September 7, 2008. The series follows the families of contestants in child beauty pageants.
The show has generated some negative reactions over the costumes of some of its participants. In an August 2012 custody hearing surrounding a child on the show, a court appointed psychologist said, "Children adorned with pageantry identities are not ‘playing’ or ‘pretending.' Instead, they are trained to closely resemble their adult counterparts." One mother on the show was criticized for padding her daughter's chest to resemble Dolly Parton's and another was criticized for asking her daughter to smoke fake cigarettes on stage. Sherri Shepherd said on The View, "Your job is to protect your child … if you don't think pedophiles are watching this show, I have a bridge I want to sell you."
Spin offs 
A spin-off series, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, began on August 8, 2012. The series is a show mainly about Alana Thompson, her parents and elder sisters, and their lives unrelated to pageants. Another spin-off, Cheer Perfection, began on December 21, 2012. The series is about Cassadee Dunlap, Torann Robinson, Alana Crow & their familes who were featured in some episodes of Toddler & Tiaras. This series focuses on them & their all-star cheer club Cheer Time Revolution & the drama with the mothers around the gym unrelated to pageants.
See also 
- "TLC Traces Families in the Child Beauty Pageant Circuit with All New Docu-Series "Toddlers and Tiaras"". Retrieved 29 December 2012.
- "TLC Takes You Back Inside the Reality of Child Beauty Pageants". Retrieved 29 December 2012.
- "Eden Wood, 6-Year-Old Star Of 'Toddlers and Tiaras,' Dresses Up For New York Restaurant Event (PHOTOS, POLL)". The Huffington Post. November 18, 2012. Retrieved September 23, 2012. "The pint-sized stars of "Toddlers and Tiaras," that controversial show on TLC about child beauty pageants..."
- Rebecca Adams (August 20, 2012). "Maddy Verst's Padded Bra On 'Toddlers & Tiaras' Might Cause Her Mother To Lose Custody (POLL)". The Huffington Post. Retrieved September 23, 2012.
- Bill Bundy. "The Latest 'Toddlers & Tiaras' Costume Controversy". MSN. Retrieved September 23, 2012.
- "Featured show: Toddlers and Tiaras 5". tlc. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- Meaghan Murphy (August 24, 2012). "'Toddlers & Tiaras' moms worried child beauty pageants can be used against them in custody cases". Fox News.com. Retrieved September 23, 2012.
- Amy Graff (August 31, 2012). "‘Toddlers & Tiaras’ scandal: 4-year-old Destiny smokes cigarette on stage". SFGate. Retrieved September 23, 2012.
- Andrea Canning (Sept 12, 2011). "Tot Dressed as Prostitute: 'Toddlers and Tiaras' Blasted for Airing Image of 3-Y-O Pageant Contestant in Racy Costume". ABC News. Retrieved September 23, 2012.
- "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo! Premieres August 8 @ 10|9c". TLC. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "TLC Gets Competitive on Wednesday Nights with "Toddlers & Tiaras" and "Cheer Perfection"". Retrieved 25 December 2012.